Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Brits just voted to end rule by self-anointed "elites", gain control over immigration, and get their nation back. Sound like a good idea for USA?

Brits just voted to end rule by self-anointed "elites", gain control over immigration, and get their nation back. Sound like a good idea for USA?

?

Posted - June 25, 2016

Responses

June 25, 2016 1:38 AM MDT

I'm all for it. I've been all for it for several decades.

The moment 'Muricans start voting in politicians who actually arrest, prosecute, and fine/jail the executives of Wal-Mart, Hilton Hotels, Ryland Homes, Tyson Foods, etc. for employing illegal immigrant labor (either directly or through subcontractors), I'll believe 'Muricans are serious about "gaining control over immigration."

Until that day arrives, I will continue to point out the F***ING HYPOCRISY of bashing immigrants while letting those who benefit from the labor of immigrants (including some people on this web site) off the hook.

June 25, 2016 1:49 AM MDT

For the US.  A little to little, a little to late I'm afraid.

June 25, 2016 4:44 AM MDT

Hail Britania, big win for the common man and critical thinking. Huge loss for tyrants like Obama and group thought. Long live freedom and individual liberty. Thank-you to the UK!!!!
      June 25, 2016 4:52 AM MDT

OS, the companies you mentioned should be ashamed of themselves. Also those big companies that move manufacturing into Mexico for cheap labor. The jobs that are left for Americans, you better be bi-lingual especially if you want to work a city or State job.  I believe it all got started in 1981 with that damn NAFTA. Wow, how many politician got kick backs and got rich on that?  WTF do Mexicans have to trade with the US. Rocket tech., computer tech., high tech engineering, I think not!  how about, sombreros, sandals, bottle rockets, cheap clothing that falls apart in a week, lol. 

June 25, 2016 5:03 AM MDT

Negotiations for NAFTA did not begin until 1990 and it took effect as an agreement in 1994.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

June 25, 2016 7:04 AM MDT

• That does sound like a good idea.

June 25, 2016 7:10 AM MDT

Sure does.

June 25, 2016 12:23 PM MDT

1. Elites in all countries do control the narrative of their countries.
    2. Gain control over immigration? When they are a colonizing power, even now? How convenient!
    3. Get their nation back? They would have to give away all their colonial property? I doubt it.
    4. We are not a country like the UK, a monarchy. We are the country escaping from British rule. Our roots are in revolution. We also took land away from the Native Americans and Mexicans. We also have territories outside the US.
    5. America was built by many people, not just European immigrants. They have no claim to this country alone. America did not belong to them in the first place.
    6. I do hope the poor, disadvantaged, white men in the US have their voices heard. They are part of this country. But to try to blame everyone they don't like for their problems is absurd.
      June 25, 2016 12:42 PM MDT