Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Language » Why do you abuse apostrophes? They've never done anything bad to YOU!

Why do you abuse apostrophes? They've never done anything bad to YOU!

~

Posted - June 21, 2017

Responses

•   June 21, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

Well, that's different. Why didn't you just say so in the first place?  I can't get away right at the moment, but if the price isn't too steep, hold it for me and the money is yours. Don't worry, I remember your conditions: small denominations of bills, no consecutive serial numbers, no marked money, no dye packs, and no cops.  Let's say midnight at the docks and we have a deal. (You'll notice that every sentence has exactly one apostrophe in it: proof that I am on the level.)

~
      June 21, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

• Mr Dillinger will be there to collect! Never forget that "Baby Face" Nelson will be watching you mugs! LOL
      June 22, 2017 6:01 AM MDT

Oh, I see, you're sending in a flunkie do your dirty work, is that how things are now?  Two can play that game; tell him to look out for my errand girl, Erin Garile. 

~
      June 22, 2017 6:21 AM MDT

• The Boss doesn't do the footwork, ya knows!
      June 22, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

I dont abuse them. I use some in place's they havent been in while and leave them out where they have been used too much. It all come's out in the end.
      June 21, 2017 6:59 AM MDT

Paramedics were rushed to the scene to attend to an unconscious patient slumped over his computer, an apparent victim of a traumatic episode brought on by something he had read online. The Grammar Police are looking into the incident that has all the earmarks of a vicious and deliberate hate crime. Although no suspect has been named, the investigation focuses on the person who posted the content online, a woman with whom the patient is known to have a shaky and complicated history. There is evidence of numerous restraining orders placed by the woman, all of which appear to be frivolous and vindictive in nature. An obviously bitter person, the woman seems to lash out when she doesn't get what she wants, and in this twisted caper, what she really wants is this man . . .

~
      June 22, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

im not the one abusing them
      June 21, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

I think it's because they're so small and defenseless. I know... I should pick on punctuation my own size! 

June 21, 2017 1:57 PM MDT