Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Don't you HATE it when poor people try to understand richer people like when you hear one say "Child, if I had a million I wouldn't worry

Don't you HATE it when poor people try to understand richer people like when you hear one say "Child, if I had a million I wouldn't worry

about no tax shelter. I'd be happy just to get out the shelter"?

Posted - June 23, 2017

Responses

I dont hate anything. ;)
      June 23, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

Aye, agreed. You are strong minded. Tis what I  advocate but sometimes I enjoy the role of devil's advocate ;) Separating wheat from chaff ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at June 23, 2017 9:33 PM MDT
      June 23, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

Oops, I meant my next answer to be a comment to this your comment to my this answer. ;+
      June 23, 2017 9:39 PM MDT

Separating wheat from chaff, I like that. ;)
      June 23, 2017 9:38 PM MDT

Then you would like the Holy Bible, All I say has been influenced by it.
      June 23, 2017 9:44 PM MDT

Very few ultra-rich people come from abject poverty although it has happened.  They are the only ones who truly know what it's like to be on both sides.  I seriously doubt that the poor can imagine what it would be like to be very wealthy in the same way the very wealthy don't understand what it's like to be poor. 

I think most people don't give a thought to the 1%.  Most of us are just looking to have a decent job that pays us enough to provide our families with a comfortable life with a little left over for vacations or some frivolous item they want to buy.  They don't want to feel they have to struggle every day just to survive.  In my daily life, I don't give that 1% even a passing thought.  I will never be there and if I somehow magically was in that position, I'm sure I'd just have another set of problems to deal with. 
      June 23, 2017 10:15 PM MDT

Well, I think that rich people have as many problems as poor people.  The are in denial about the fact that we grow old, we croak, we get sick, we lose loved ones, we get dumped by someone we want, etc....

The rich just are more immune to suffering because they have so many cushions to evade it, so that once it comes, they are totally soft and unprepared.

(I made  that up and of course it is ludicrous)  Just like what the typical poor person would utter.

Poor Sharonna

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 24, 2017 2:17 PM MDT
      June 23, 2017 10:52 PM MDT

Aye, indeed but who said typical?
      June 24, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

they have a point since theyre probably staying in the shelter since theyre so poor
      June 24, 2017 4:53 PM MDT