Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Does a "who cares" or "whatever" answer, fall into the mean spirited violation of the ToS?

Does a "who cares" or "whatever" answer, fall into the mean spirited violation of the ToS?

Posted - June 26, 2017

Responses

• Well, not really but for most of the nice people here? I think they would see it as kind of rude. In a comment, it might be a different story. But overall? You'll find most people here to be  very friendly and try to answer as best as they can. Not a lot of people here but we mostly know each other and do our best to keep this a friendly, family type atmosphere.
      June 26, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

Good Morning Rooster :)  It's always a pleasure when you ride on by to say "Hi!" 
    Have a great morning! Love, Merlin
      June 26, 2017 8:16 AM MDT

• Hi Rooster...This post is in reference to some rather mean-spirited comments by this gentleman and his buddy and the fact that I used the word "Whatever"

Apparently they don't like that word
      June 26, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

• Uh, not only do I not remember you using the word, don't associate me with anyone else. My question had nothing to do with you. 
      June 26, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

• Whatever

June 26, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

• Don't get all butt hurt about it. No ones invading in on your space here. After reading back some, I see we only had one exchange. If someone else started about the same time, does not make them my buddy. Surely you are smarter than that. I've had a whole diversity of questions and interactions so far. 

Although I know several people here, I've only have two "buddies" right now. Jaimie and Karen. I've opened up a friend request to you if you would like to discuss further. If not, then I tried ... will leave it at, whatever. 
      June 26, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

Hi travis~ By the looks of the times, it seems we were posting and typing all at once.  No worries.  Have a super great day! I hope to see you on another question soon!  Love, Merlin
      June 26, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

• Thank you very much Merlin, for the most part, everyone's been great. I'm sure sceptics have a good reason to be that way. All I can do is move forward. Love Travis :)
      June 26, 2017 11:15 AM MDT

• What the "foo" ??? You're buddies with Karen too? I call dibs on you! Please let Karen know I have dibs... also let your wife know I have dibs on you now. Dibs are dibs :p 
      June 27, 2017 8:17 PM MDT

Judas, is your Billy coming out to play today?  We all know Billy's have hard heads and when they play, it can be brutal.  Just checkin' to see, how your day has begun to be.  With a playful wink and smile, I'm off to play one game of staries and then work.  Make today a good one Judas,  Love, Merlin
      June 26, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

Period after final quote.
      June 26, 2017 11:26 AM MDT

• As long as it's not a personal attack, or hate speech (depending on who's talking) it is not against the TOS. 
      June 26, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

Eh ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at June 26, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      June 26, 2017 7:12 AM MDT

Who Cares?
      June 26, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

I thought I gave you a thumbs up before I answered.  Of course, I didn't have my glasses on until now. 
    My morning was a little hazy and I know I didn't drink that much last night.  
    Awwwww, the truth has been revealed.
    Merlin, who just turned 50 in human years, is blind as a bat without glasses! 
    Now with glasses, things are much more clear.
    I see a bright and happy day for both HarryDemon and Merlin today!! 
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 26, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      June 26, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

If either of these are the only answer, they probably should have just scrolled on past the question.
      June 26, 2017 8:12 AM MDT

The tone of "whatever" spoken or written is very snippy and slang.  The "who cares" thought and answer is a very negative outlook on the question at hand.  If someone took the time to write it, obviously they care enough to pass that aloof attitude to us.  They do care.  Both show poor etiquette and communication skills. 
    Feeding that type of response or behavior is not my style.
    You can say I am from the old school but even if it is not necessary, I do believe in thanking people for something they have done. 
    I still believe positive reinforcement is the best way to go.
    I do care.  I don't use whatever in that context.  This post was edited by Merlin at June 26, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      June 26, 2017 8:29 AM MDT

Whatever. (j/k) :)
      June 26, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

I resisted the temptation to add that one!
      June 26, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

I think it depends on the circumstances, Merlin. I generally would give an answer expressing a fact or opinion, but I might use a "who cares?" or "whatever" if I thought they were straying into irrelevant territory. Of course, I was kidding with my earlier answer!
      June 26, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

With a name like Harry and a playful Demon to follow, I am sucked in!  You are a character!  Long live great friends and happy days we share here through answermug.  Have a great day HarryDemon ;) :)
      June 26, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

• Not mean but certainly teen.
      June 26, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

• Like, stop lolling at me.
      June 26, 2017 11:31 AM MDT

• It's a bit rude. I don't think it's a violation of site policy, though. 
      June 26, 2017 10:01 AM MDT