Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Throngs, mobs, groups, gangs, gatherings, clubs, associations. Which is bigger, which more threateninng, to which do you belong? Why?

Throngs, mobs, groups, gangs, gatherings, clubs, associations. Which is bigger, which more threateninng, to which do you belong? Why?

Posted - June 27, 2017

Responses

• I don't belong to any throngs, mobs, groups, gangs, gatherings, clubs, associations. I  don't have a gang mentality nor do I want one. To be part of a gang, throng, or mob one tends to lose their own identity and individuality and becomes part of the problem rather than part of remedy. Groups such as ANTIFA, Sovereign Citizens Movement, Radical Feminists, Radical Trans-Genders, Radical Left Democrats and Republicans, Radical and violent illegal immigrants, Radical Islam and Islam in general, all part of the throngs, mobs, groups, gangs, gatherings, clubs, association, which are part of the problem rather than part of the remedy. 
      June 27, 2017 12:36 PM MDT

I'm not a Joiner either Hezekiah. I'm a Loner. In fact the ONLY thing I ever joined and stuck with was Answerbag, an internet social site. I joined that because my son was a member and invited me to drop by which I did. I didn't leave Answerbag. It left me and everyone else who was a member when it closed down with no warning.  I was told about Answermug by an Answerbagger and some of the former Answerbaggers had migrated here. Here's why I LIKE it. I come and go as I please. I say whatever I want. I chose with whom I wish to engage. I don't owe anyone any explanations. I leave when I'm ready to leave. In real life I don't think that's possible. In cyberspace? Anything is possible. Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply and  Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 28, 2017 3:55 AM MDT
  • D&D

Cooking classes groups are the most threatening. They can kill me with their food.
      June 27, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

Best to avoid them then! Thank you for your reply D&D and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      June 28, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

i dont belong to any of them, its not my thing
      June 27, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

Hi rosie, the apostle Peter counseled the first century Christians to "humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time, while you throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone. But take your stand  against him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of brothers in the world." (1peter 5:6-9) therefore I consider myself blessed to be part of an association of Christians that like the early Christians were subjected to many trials. :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at June 28, 2017 10:41 PM MDT
      June 28, 2017 10:39 PM MDT

Uh that is qute a stretch from what was asked.  But I guess you have to get those quotes in whenever you see fit, even though no one else does. 
      June 28, 2017 10:45 PM MDT

I try and associate myself in like-minded groups.   Hopefully they are groups that are positive and spread that kind of message.  I am a member of things that have to do with Massage.   We are professional and want to ensure the industry is not associated with massages that are done in a parlor on a dark corner with a red light on.  LOL

I belong to a Center that does good works for people. 

Things like that.  I don't mind associating my name.  I am honored I am a part of good deed doers. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 28, 2017 10:43 PM MDT
      June 28, 2017 10:43 PM MDT