Active Now

Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Evil computer hackers rule. No one can stop them. Why haven't they destroyed the US power grid and brought us to our knees yet? Could they?

Evil computer hackers rule. No one can stop them. Why haven't they destroyed the US power grid and brought us to our knees yet? Could they?

Posted - June 29, 2017

Responses

Hmmm, what an intriguing prospect. I wonder if they wouldn't mind focusing their best efforts on a particular Q&A website . . .

-
      June 29, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

Yes. Ban the tilde.  Great idea. 
      June 29, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

If you don't think this election and their probable interference with this election has not brought us down lower than we could ever imagine, I don't know what it is you are afraid of.   What could be worse than TRUMP for President?  What??? Tell me.

June 29, 2017 9:16 AM MDT

There is no central computer running the power grid. Thousands of individual computers, each handling a small part of the grid. Many of these have no need to be on line, but just do comparisons at that point, and make adjustments at that point. (the computer is reprogramed at the site if any major corrections have to be made)
      June 29, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

hopefully someone will stop them
      June 29, 2017 1:38 PM MDT