Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » From ancient times women have been viewed as second-class citizens. I don't know why, do you? Who decided to ascribe more value to men? Why?

From ancient times women have been viewed as second-class citizens. I don't know why, do you? Who decided to ascribe more value to men? Why?

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

• Yes.  Men fear they might be bested.
      July 1, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

To be bested by a woman is insulting to some or maybe many men. I don't understand why but it emphasizes the truth of your reply. As if it is a humiliation beyond endurance. Thank you for your reply whistle! :)
      July 2, 2017 6:03 AM MDT

Male mammals tend to be larger. They often do the hunting and share with their relatives. (not the case with lions, where the females do the hunting)  
      July 1, 2017 4:50 AM MDT

So Stronger is better than weaker? Superior. Power over the many is ceded to those who can protect us. Might makes right. Bullies always win. Kinda depressing m'dear. Thank you for your reply bh! :)
      July 2, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

Oh No!  You're twisting the facts!  Stronger is STRONGER. I didn't mean better. Male mammals are usually larger. If that bothers you, take it up with the Creator. I cannot defend nature. 
      July 2, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

i dont know why either but i think its wrong
      July 1, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

No.  Not true.  From ancient times the balance has shifted more than once.

Women ruled in many places throughout history and women always were the chief figures in any land where the Goddess was worshiped.

July 1, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

The balance has shifted more than once. FOR HOW LONG? What is the status of women today worldwide? Of course there are some exceptions. How many? Did you notice how disrespectful The Donald was to Angela Merkel? How he sees women and blood which disgusts him?  Do you think he is the lone male who feels/thinks that way? What about all the WHITE WOMEN who cherish/worship Trump? What is their excuse for loving such a misogynistic disgusting jacka**? How are women treated in the middle east? They are veiled. Cannot hold jobs. May not leave the house without a male relative accompanying them. In some cultures if they are raped they are stoned to death because they brought disgrace upon the family.May not drive a car. May not go to school. What about that young Muslim teenage girl who spoke up and out and was almost shot to death for doing so? Where is the balance today Shar? On whose side are the weights piled up? Where is the power? Thank you for your reply.
      July 2, 2017 6:01 AM MDT