Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does God play politics? Does He favor Republicans/Democrats/Independents/Libertarians? Whose side is God on and why?

Does God play politics? Does He favor Republicans/Democrats/Independents/Libertarians? Whose side is God on and why?

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

• No, GOD does not play politics and has no favor directed towards Republicans,Democrats, Independents, or Libertarians. However He does have something to say about it. 

“Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king” (1 Peter 2:13-17)

July 1, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

By me kings reign and rulers issue decrees that are just  (Proverbs 8:15)

Or go with (1 Peter 2:13-17) that you posted.

Let's for purposes of this discussion, give Trump the benefit of the doubt---so just explain to me how Hitler should have been treated.  After that you can explain God and Trump's relation to me.
      July 1, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

Render onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's.

Follow the  earthly rules and use God as guide as to which rules to follow.

God is not interested in voting booths. 
      July 1, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

i would hope not
      July 1, 2017 2:00 PM MDT