Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What is fair game to attack? Appearance? Knowledge? Views? Beliefs? Family? Is there anything that SHOULD BE offlimits? What/why?

What is fair game to attack? Appearance? Knowledge? Views? Beliefs? Family? Is there anything that SHOULD BE offlimits? What/why?

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

It is not so much what you attack but the pertinence of you argument that matter.

As an example these days Trump is often attacked for having small hands, something that has no bearing whatsoever on presidential qualifications. Attacking him for ill-considered tweets can be relevant, but saying his hands are small is just silly. comparable to saying Helen Keller was 'bad' because she was blind. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at July 2, 2017 5:44 AM MDT
      July 1, 2017 5:35 AM MDT

Well put. Thank you. 
    ~
      July 1, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

You do know the genesis of that do you not? Trump attacked all his competitors viciously repeatedly. Marco Rubio was the one who started it. The implication was that a man with small hands has a small private part. That was Marco's way of attacking back at Trump's manliness. So whenever anyone brings it up it pertains to Trump's manhood and not the size of his hands. He is orange. He is fat. He is insulting. He is a liar. Are those things small and silly? As for your analogy it is not a very good one. I can't imagine what prompted you to use Helen Keller in the same breath as Donald Trump. She was a magnificent woman who contributed much to the world DESPITE obvious obstacles. What has Trump overcome? Being born to wealth? See. I just don't get you sometimes. This is one of them. Thank you for your reply part of which I do not buy. :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 2, 2017 5:50 AM MDT
      July 2, 2017 5:49 AM MDT

Well, such 'situational semantics' are a bit too advanced for me :-) I can only hear the words that are said and react to them as what they say.
      July 2, 2017 5:37 PM MDT

i dont think anyone should be attacking anybody
      July 1, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

None of the above. I dont believe in attacks.
      July 1, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

Corrupt pols included cp? We should just sit by saying nothing? We should not call attention to their lies? We should look the other way and let whatever they say no matter how hurtful and deceitful stand? I sure disagree with thee. Different strokes. When you see an injustice you say/do noting about it then? Different strokes. Thank you for your reply.
      July 2, 2017 5:44 AM MDT

Hi RosieG. I dont watch politics on tv or the media. I just dont. So I really cant say anything about it. lol ;)
      July 2, 2017 8:31 AM MDT