Discussion » Questions » Finance » What's the diff if you're worth a BILLION or a HUNDRED MILLION? Would your life be A-OK either way? I mean rich is rich, right?

What's the diff if you're worth a BILLION or a HUNDRED MILLION? Would your life be A-OK either way? I mean rich is rich, right?

Posted - July 1, 2017

Responses

• If you don't know the difference try Mr Google .. you'll learn much. 
      July 1, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

I think I would be very happy right now with even a 1/4 of ONE million.  That would make my life.
      July 1, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

Jim and I have had that conversation. Boy oh boy $250,000 would sure be devinely fine  and would pretty much take care of us until we die. We are not extravagant nor needy nor wanting everything. Maybe one day we will know what "rich" feels like!! Thank you for your reply Shar. By any measure your response is not greedy at all but very modest! :)
      July 2, 2017 3:42 AM MDT

probably not much difference
      July 1, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

Yup, filthy rich?
    Maybe the amount of jet's you could buy?

I would lose count before I got anywhere near a million. Lol

July 1, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

Us too tex. As I stated in my reply to Shar Jim and I would be really delighted with $250,000! I mean c'mon! What's not to LOVE about that? Thank you for you reply m'dear and Happy Sunday. It's funny odd. The more some folks have the less it is ENOUGH. Doesn't make sense to me. Doth it make sense to thee?
      July 2, 2017 3:44 AM MDT

It seems like I have read articles something to the affect that some rich people feel the need to have more and are always afraid of losing what they have.

Your comment reminded me of this illustration:
    (Luke 12:13-21) Then someone in the crowd said to him: “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” 14 He said to him: “Man, who appointed me judge or arbitrator between you two?” 15 Then he said to them: “Keep your eyes open and guard against every sort of greed, because even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses.” 16 With that he told them an illustration, saying: “The land of a rich man produced well. 17 So he began reasoning within himself, ‘What should I do now that I have nowhere to gather my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my storehouses and build bigger ones, and there I will gather all my grain and all my goods, 19 and I will say to myself: “You have many good things stored up for many years; take it easy, eat, drink, enjoy yourself.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Unreasonable one, this night they are demanding your life from you. Who, then, is to have the things you stored up?’ 21 So it goes with the man who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.”
      July 2, 2017 5:05 AM MDT