Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?

I think it would be rare indeed if a persons life fell in place just like they envisioned it? How about yours , did it take on a life of its own, or did it follow the expected path?

Posted - July 20, 2016

Responses

• I thought I'd be happy and successful.  I'm neither.

July 20, 2016 9:49 PM MDT

I underestimated Gods plans for me. I am amazed that he had a plan all along, that I just this year see that every little action on his behalf that I was upset about was for my good. I prayed as a child for Gods will to be done, and then I got upset about him "forgetting about me". But now I see the whole picture and I am speechless. I am grateful that I didn't have my way a million times. God knew best." All things work out for best for those who love God"

July 24, 2016 12:29 PM MDT

What expected path?

July 24, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

Whistle, I am sorry about you not being happy or feeling successful. Maybe God has a plan for you? I think he does like he had a plan for me! "All things work out for good for those who love God" I am praying for you:)

July 24, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

• Thanks. I suppose the plan is disappointment and ennui.

July 24, 2016 5:04 PM MDT

As for me, I think my life is just unfolding as I go. I never really planned any particular path, I just kind of went with the flow, and it has been very interesting. I accomplished everything that was on my heart to do, except for a couple of things, and they are really insignificant. I really accomplished much more than I ever dreamed of. I went places that I never dreamed of going and did things I would have thought impossible. The most unexpected turn my life has taken is that my health has been affected to the point that I am now disabled. This has been very hard for me, I was always on the go before, working and doing and being, now I am in pain a lot, and my best years are behind me, looking thru the human lense, however, who knows what God has in store for me yet? I anxiously await. Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above, and if He should call me home tonight, I will leave this world a happy camper. If anyone reading this does not have Jesus Christ as your personal savior, I highly encourage you to greatly consider accepting His free offer of Salvation, I promist you it will be the very best gift you have or ever will have. John 3:16

July 25, 2016 6:14 PM MDT