Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » How long can a train whose engineer doesn't know what he is doing run off track before the train crashes? What about a country?

How long can a train whose engineer doesn't know what he is doing run off track before the train crashes? What about a country?

Posted - July 6, 2017

Responses

probably not long
      July 6, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

It should run off in a few mintues. Unless.... you are a master manipulator and can con everyone else into helping you stay on that track no matter what.  That means at the expense of your own life and your own needs and your own agenda.  We are expected to mind that train and the precious cargo driving it.  You know, Trump is at the helm and if he loses control?  GOD HELP US ALL.  We cannot win either way.  Either be indentured slaves to an out-of-control train with a psycho for an engineer, or let him go off the tracks and take the rest of us with him in the process.

AS LONG AS HE KILLS ANY MEMORY OF OBAMA, HE THINKS HE HAS WON AND SO DOES HIS LAME TEA PARTY.

July 6, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

Trump's envy of Obama's popularity seems to grow each day. Doofus Donny, aka Rumpelstiltskin, will soon stomp his way to oblivion. How far away is that day? I cannot say. I just hope I'm alive to witness it! Thank you for your reply and the scarily true graphic Shar! :)
      July 7, 2017 3:46 AM MDT

The track is very sturdy and many safety systems have been put into place. However, if those charged with maintaining them refuse to do their jobs, then even the strongest of trains could sustain permanent damage.   
      July 6, 2017 4:49 PM MDT

Any idea how far away is that day LO?  Those who could do something are intimated by the engineer and dare not cross him. Those who would do something have no power/authority/leverage so all we can do is wait and watch and hope and pray (if that is what we do when in dire straits). I'm not good at waiting and watching. I'm better at doing even if the doing needs to be undone/redone. Inaction is not my cuppa tea. SIGH. thank you for your reply LO! :)
      July 7, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

I'm fascinated/horrified by what it is that makes people so intimidated by this man that they're willing to sacrifice their character, morals, ethics, honesty, dignity and self respect. I think watching that play out has been even more disturbing than Trump's antics. What it says about human nature is unsettling to say the least. 
      July 7, 2017 4:20 AM MDT

I totally agree with thee LO. Trump is not shocking to me at all. It is the 62 million folks who voted for him who are. His unshakable base is. That so many people find so much to admire in such a person as Doofus Donny is stunning/unbelievable/ hysterical/historical/unjustifiable. Yet there it is. SIGH. :( Thank you for your additional comment m'dear. Where in the he** do we go from here? That is the question! :(
      July 7, 2017 4:40 AM MDT

Rosie, you do like your metaphors don't you? Because the question is under "Transport" I didn't realise you were referring to your country's President till I read the thread! 
      July 29, 2017 3:54 PM MDT