Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I'm kinda OCD about washing my hands, do you have any OCD habits?

I'm kinda OCD about washing my hands, do you have any OCD habits?

Posted - July 6, 2017

Responses

I see you are on a roll with Qs this a.m.!  :-D  I wish I had the time to answer them all. 

Yes.  I do the same thing.  Hand washing obsessively.  I can't stand the feeling that my hands might be dirty or I might have picked up germs from a shopping cart.  I keep hand wipes in the car and use them every time I get back in.  I wash my hands, I can't even tell you how many times a day. Every once in a while I find myself obsessing on other mundane things such as, whether I shut off the stove properly.  It runs off of propane so I fear asphyxiation from it.   At times, I find myself going back and checking it a few times in a row.

Ugh.  Why did you ask this question? lol.

I will try to return tonight to respond to your other questions. :-) 

July 6, 2017 5:02 AM MDT

• Good morning. I'm just trying to get different questions on here and have options other than Trump. :) I'm about to walk out the door myself and will probably have to wait to respond to most of them later. I can't stand for my hands to get dirty. I mind doing things that get that get them dirty though, like re-potting plants and stuff like that. I have to immediately wash them after though.  
      July 6, 2017 5:08 AM MDT

I cannot stand it when a door or drawer is not fully closed.  I also strongly dislike to have empty dishes sitting in front of me when I have finished eating. I am compulsive about checking spelling and grammar, but I have been able to confine it to my own writing and do not comment on anyone else's mistakes (unless they deserve it, Randy D).
      July 6, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

A few years back, my stepson gave me an OCD challenge: go to bed with one of the kitchen cabinets open and a few items on the counter out of place. Somehow I managed but it sure was uncomfortable. 

Strange creatures us humans.   
      July 6, 2017 6:07 AM MDT

Reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica was challenged to leave her shoes in the living room overnight. I am totally a Monica.
      July 6, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

She drove me NUTS with that.

July 6, 2017 3:44 PM MDT

Not at all. The closest would be I am never late unless it is someones  fault.
      July 6, 2017 7:21 AM MDT

yes, the net
      July 6, 2017 3:41 PM MDT

No.  The opposite.

If I wash my hands it is because I am cleaning something.

Or doing work.  I have to have clean hands to work on people, of course.  But I don't go around washing up unless I have to.

I do take a lot of baths if that helps.  I take more than one a day.  Sometimes as many as 3

I like baths.  What can I say? 

July 6, 2017 3:43 PM MDT