Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » When you die what tracks will you leave behind to show you existed? Were all tracks worth following back to the start?

When you die what tracks will you leave behind to show you existed? Were all tracks worth following back to the start?

Posted - July 7, 2017

Responses

That's easy, just follow the tildes, but please don't tell Sharonna. You know how she gets. 
    ~
      July 7, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

Thank God I will probably die before you do. 
      July 7, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

Ok, folks, who told her that I posted this?  I left specific instructions, grrrrrrrrr. 
    ~
      July 7, 2017 8:59 PM MDT

I've built structures and fixtures in Penn's Woods that will last hundreds of years.
      July 7, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Where is Penn's Woods? Somewhere in Pennsylvania? Beautiful state. Visited Valley Forge many years ago.  Also King of Prussia where I had my first experience with a Bloomingdale's! It was almost spiritual. This was long ago in the early 1980's. Walked through the Italian Market district. Enjoyed pie at Bookbinders!  Even walked along a towpath.  Snuck inside Buck's County Playhouse and meandered around.   What kinds of structures and fixtures have you built? Are you a carpenter by trade? Thank you for your reply RL and  Happy Sunday.
      July 9, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

Pennsylvania IS "Penns Woods"....that is the Quaker translation. Pennsylvania = Penns Woods :)  At least that is what we were taught in grade school.  
    I have a mobile welding service. Steel structures and fixtures. 
    Valley Forge is beautiful, but you should see Venango, Forest, Mercer, Crawford, Warren, and Erie Counties, in the Northwest. Breath taking.
    There is only ONE traffic light in Forest County, a blinking red traffic light. The entire county. lol This post was edited by RogueLoner at July 10, 2017 2:30 AM MDT
      July 9, 2017 5:06 AM MDT

We (my then-fiancee and I) were only there for one week. There were so many things he wanted me to see but time ran out.  The family home was just outside Philadelphia where his brother and sister still lived. When we went to Valley Forge I literally had goosebumps the entire time. It was so silent..so beautiful but my mind played tricks on me because I could have sworn I heard muffled battlesounds in the far-off distance. I think that was an almost religious experience. Never felt that way before or since while visiting an historic site.  I also walked up the steps that Rocky ran up. That was so surreal for me. The one blinking red traffic light in an entire county tickles me. I wish we had spent more time there. This happened decades ago and I still have such vivid memories of it. I guess at the time I didn't realize how much I was taking in. You rarely do when you are in the moment. Only afterwards when you recollect what you experienced do you realize. A mobile welding service?  I did not know such existed. What a great idea! Thank you for the info RL. I appreciate it. A trip down memory lane is always nice! Happy Monday! :)
      July 10, 2017 2:40 AM MDT

None.  I could care less about any "legacy".    As long as my daughter is secure and my friends are happy, I'm good.

Dead is dead to me.  I will move on to wherever God takes me and be done with it.

July 7, 2017 9:34 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Shar. Your take is different from mine. I would like it a lot if folks remember me as having been worth knowing. That time spent with me was not wasted. :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2017 5:43 PM MDT
      July 9, 2017 2:16 AM MDT

Actually, I am trying to leave no footprint at all.  Only smiles and fond memories in the minds of people who have known me. 
      July 8, 2017 12:48 AM MDT

That IS a footprint m'dear. The kind that is worth leaving. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday Merlin! :)
      July 9, 2017 2:17 AM MDT

Hi Rosie~ Thank you and you're welcome all at the same time.  
    I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.  The power went out in her entire neighborhood and she was frightened.  She was and still is there all alone in a big house with 2 big dogs, granted, that are old, just like us.  I went and sat with her for a while.  
    It is 2:02 am on Sunday.  A happy morning and day today, Rosie :) :)

July 9, 2017 3:03 AM MDT

Where are you Merlin? We are in the same time zone. I'm at 2:08 am  Sunday morning in Hemet, California. There was a neighborhood in a very pricey area of southern California that was without electricity for MANY hours on Saturday! Yesterday it was 116 in Hemet! AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Sunday! :)
      July 9, 2017 3:08 AM MDT

Hi Rosie~ For some reason, (either I was too tired or I mistakenly overlooked it) I missed this altogether last night.  We are about 2 hours from you!  Part of Don's childhood was in Huntington Beach and Anaheim :)  We travel down that way probably at least 2 times a year!  We live in Chatsworth/Canoga Park area.  What a hoot!  Who would have guessed we were so close!  How VERY COOL is that????  I think VERY COOL!  Big Giggles!  Yes, it has been roasting here too.  Right now at 4:54, it is 98 degrees.  I think it hit 103 today.  That was nothing compared to the last couple of days!  I feel your pain and sweat m'dear!  It is hotter than a dickens  all over our areas!  What a kick we're almost neighbors! Have a great day and don't get too hot.  I just came back from the pool.  Too many kids but I had to take a quick dip to alleviate the heat :P This post was edited by Merlin at July 10, 2017 8:37 AM MDT
      July 9, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

Would you believe we lived in Northridge and then Chatsworth? My son GRADUATED from Chatsworth High School in 1983! I kid thee not! We lived across the street in an apartment complex and he and his pals would go to the apartment every day at lunch to watch Twilight Zone! They ran 2 episodes from noon to 1 pm. They'd get there about 12:15 and see half of the first episode and have to leave at 12:45 so they'd only see half of the other episode! Gosh that sure brings back memories! Don't know if you are a Twilight Zone fan but every 4th of July there is a Twilight Zone Marathon! Okey dokey neighbor! Nice to know we're not only in the same time zone and in the same state but also in the same part of it. A few days ago we had 3 straight Mizerable days. 114, 115 and 116! AARRGGHH! Happy Monday Merlin! ((hugs))
      July 10, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

probably answering questions on here
      July 8, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

I've gone where no one else has gone and left a trail---Only those who have learned enough will know where my trail started.
      July 9, 2017 6:57 PM MDT

July 9, 2017 7:05 PM MDT

Damn---I didn't see that camera....
      July 9, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

Mystery! Intrigue! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Monday! :)
      July 10, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

I was only going for superficial obfuscation......lol
      July 10, 2017 1:08 PM MDT

Obfuscate? I do not equate you with obfuscate/hate/berate. So there! Thank you for your comment tom and Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 11, 2017 2:53 AM MDT