Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You know you will never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Are you willing to blow it? Do you care?

You know you will never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Are you willing to blow it? Do you care?

Posted - July 7, 2017

Responses

I don't put a lot of stock in first impressions.

I have always given my impressions time to settle down and gel with what I hope will be the second and third impressions.  

Yes, I do believe in GUT feelings, but I need to have a lot of evidence to prove I am correct.

I don't just jump to any conclusions about anyone.  And I don't give a fig if they don't like me when they first meet me either.

People that depend on that stuff do not interest me, nor do their opinions of me.  They DO NOT KNOW ME.

So, why care?   Even in a job interview, I take it easy.  If the person is some anal-retentive that needs all the i's dotted and t's crossed, we will not be a good match together anyway, so best get it done and overwith.

I like people who give other people a CHANCE.
      July 7, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shar. How many chances do you give those who blow hot and cold repeatedly? Sometimes they are cordial and sometimes they are insulting. It's exhausting because you never know which iteration will show up.
      July 9, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

i try not to blow it
      July 8, 2017 4:37 PM MDT