Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why does Am keep dropping my signed in status? I very ofeten have to sign in again even having checked, "Remember me".

Why does Am keep dropping my signed in status? I very ofeten have to sign in again even having checked, "Remember me".

Posted - July 7, 2017

Responses

Can you be more specific? Are you closing your browser and having to log back in later? (normal) Or, is it not saving your login info despite using "remember me?" (an issue with cookies) Or, are you using the site actively and clicking on pages and getting logged out between pages? (a cookies/ cache issue) Or, are you occasionally getting logged out while using the site/ while you're away from your PC? (often happens when the devs do an update, but did not happen today) Or, is it something else?

The more info you can provide, the better able I will be to help determine whether there's something going on with aM or if it's related to how you access the site- device/ browser/ etc., and how to best correct the problem.
      July 7, 2017 11:36 PM MDT

It has been happening to me as well.  It usually happens when I've logged in here and left the browser open and come back later.  Then it asks me to sign in again. 
      July 8, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

Yours is just an occasional one, right? Like maybe once a week at most? If so, that's related to the upgrades.
      July 8, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

Yes, it is not consistent.  As a matter of fact, I only noticed it the past couple of days.
      July 8, 2017 6:31 PM MDT

• I'll be typing a response and the page just drops my log in. 
      July 8, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

So you load a page and it says you're logged in, but you press the post button and it says you're not? Or is it happening earlier, like you load a page and pressing the reply button to open the text box doesn't work?

I think in either case, clearing your cache and cookies will likely fix it- instructions for that vary based on your browser and device. I can find instructions for yours and walk you through it if need be- just let me know what you're using to access the site. I'm not sure what your level of technical expertise is, but the gist of it is that the devs upload new codes to the site, which they've been doing quite often (once a week or so) because we're still upgrading bits and pieces. Some browsers like to be super "helpful" and save website data for you. On a normal site, it is helpful- it gives you faster loads and a smoother experience. But, here, with all the changes we're making on an ongoing basis, your browser and device might remember the codes to be "helpful," and it could conflict with the new codes the site is actually using. Ergo, you get glitches. So, by clearing the memory of the site cache and cookies, you're giving yourself a clean slate, so your device/ browser have to use the latest updates. Most issues are resolved when you do the clears. Actually, some issues respond to a "hard refresh" as well, which is just holding down the shift or control button (varies by browser) while pressing the browser's refresh button.

If you do a browser and cache clear and the problem persists, we can start looking into other possibilities. Again, though, I'll need very specific details about your device/ browser types, what action you're taking, what buttons you push, and so on- like you're giving instructions to a small child. Even the tiniest detail can help us diagnose the problem.
      July 8, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

• No.  I'll be typing a reply and I'm dropped.  This also happened while reviewing My Questions.  So I just go back log in again.  Gads!  The computer jargon bewilders me.  I prefer to this there is dark magick being worked against me.  It is not as practical but is more exciting.  And "giving instructions to a small child" Ha!  That is how one must approach telling me anything about computers! 
      July 8, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

lol
    Well, the good news is that your system will likely look for updates on its own in time, so the problem will likely resolve on its own. Sometimes, it's a matter of days and other times it's a matter of weeks. It just depends on your browser and computer's settings. If it's not overly bothersome, you can always just let it be. If it goes on for more than a couple of weeks, you may want to pop back in and let me know- email is best, and I'll also keep my ears open for other similar reports in the meantime, just in case there is something I can do on our end.
      July 8, 2017 9:47 PM MDT

• Thanks.
      July 8, 2017 9:57 PM MDT

maybe its your computer doing it
      July 8, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

I sign in all the time. I didn't know it required status to stay signed out. I have no status. But I'm fine without it. 
      July 8, 2017 6:34 PM MDT