Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Strength in numbers. Two heads are better than one. Working together, not against one another. Partisan or Bi? Which do you buy? Why?

Strength in numbers. Two heads are better than one. Working together, not against one another. Partisan or Bi? Which do you buy? Why?

Posted - July 8, 2017

Responses

i think two heads are better than one too
      July 8, 2017 2:46 PM MDT

The political center is a myth. Working together is a empty platitude. It never happens on a society wide scale. People are diverse and want different things.

Bipartisans fall into two groups

1) People who don't stand for anything.

2) Liars who aren't really bipartisan at all, but just wolves in sheep's clothing trying to gain power by winning the support of group 1 while covertly trying pushing their real agenda.

July 8, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

You are a MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY kinda person apparently and therefore find no value at all in working together or in compromise. You do not believe in building bridges. You do not believe in giving up something to gain something so that the country can move forward. Your view is rigid and uncompromising.  I totally disagree with thee. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday TZ.
      July 9, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

It's not possible for the right to give up something to gain something from the left. The left has nothing we want. The left comes to the negotiating table with empty hands, only a sense of entitlement to what they did nothing to produce. Politics is the right giving and the left taking.

The left is like a highwayman that yells "Your money or your life!! Oh wait.. that's a bit harsh. How about half your money or I just kick your ass? I can compromise, can't you?"

Compromise is usually the left saying "just give us that and we'll stop bothering you". They act like they'll be content forever but really it just means they'll be content for a while, before demanding more. The deal is always revisited again and again.

The left is only prepared to accept they can't have something now. The left is just waiting for old conservatives to die and more brainwashed young people to reach voting age. The end goal is never compromised.

I'd respect the left more if they just admit it.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at July 9, 2017 5:41 AM MDT
      July 9, 2017 5:30 AM MDT