Active Now

Slartibartfast
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Is hacking ever good for the hackee or only for the hacker? Any noble motive possible for hacking? Like what?

Is hacking ever good for the hackee or only for the hacker? Any noble motive possible for hacking? Like what?

Posted - July 8, 2017

Responses

I dont know if it happens, but it is entirely possible.
    Actually it is a lot easier for a hacker to fx Transfer some money from his own bank account to the bank account of someone he has hacked. The banks are only concerned about withdrawals being properly authorized and less suspicious about deposits ;-))
      July 8, 2017 8:13 AM MDT

You mean as a surprise gift JakobA? Wouldn't that be splendid? You're down to your last $5 (which actually was the case for me once upon a time many decades ago when I was raising my son on my own and my ex rarely ever sent what the court had ordered him to each month ) and see one day that your balance is $500! Whoa that surely would have been a miracle! Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 9, 2017 4:43 AM MDT

i dont think its good for anyone
      July 8, 2017 2:21 PM MDT

'I'm running on assumption, which is never a good thing; however, I tend to believe it is a simple act of:  Can I do it?  A personal challenge.  And once attaining the fact they can, the infamous, "Did I get away with it?"
    Is it good for either?  Common Sense will tell you, No.

To actually voice this next statement is driven by lack of sleep and stating the obvious.  Computers have granted us many avenues of obtaining knowledge.  For that I am grateful.  They have also brought many people together in outstanding friendships that may never have happened.  Again, for that I am grateful.
    It has also blatantly  thrown one of my most important factors out the door.  Trust. To my own detriment, I do believe what people say and who they claim to be.  Computers have put doubt in all our minds to an extent that we feel we must monitor every thing we say and write.  Society has changed as have our expectations, trust, honesty, and respect. 
    The end.  I'm going to bed before I write myself into a whirlwind of trouble.
    See you in the morning.  Love, Merlin

This post was edited by Merlin at July 9, 2017 5:20 AM MDT
      July 9, 2017 5:09 AM MDT