Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » "Questions by category" is where I go to view new questions. Every time my right margin shows top ten from Sept. 11, 2016. Why?

"Questions by category" is where I go to view new questions. Every time my right margin shows top ten from Sept. 11, 2016. Why?

Posted - July 12, 2017

Responses

Me too.  I can never see any of my former questions that way. 

So, I don't bother.  Unless they come up on the queue, I am queueless.
      July 12, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

To easily see your questions from most recent to more distant, click on your name, click 'more', then click 'discussions'.
      July 13, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

ok element. I'll try next time I get to it.  I have to go now in a few seconds.  Starting new job. 
      July 14, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

Good for You Shar to the Rona!

Have Fun and Congratulations!!!!!!  
    Happy! Happy! This post was edited by Merlin at July 14, 2017 9:55 AM MDT
      July 14, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

Hi Element~
    Thank you also for your logical input and finding a probable solution.   I hope you are running around this morning.  I have an mathematical design problem I"m hoping you might be able to help solve.
    It's being sent to me and I'm going to work on it first.  If I can't solve it, I'm thinking you might.  Until then, please eat your Wheaties. (Joking there Element.:))  It's a doozy!  Giggles!  See you soon, I hope. Love,  Merlin 
      July 14, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

Hi Shar~  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  For a while it seemed like maybe I was not accessing the appropriate screen.  Thanks for not making me the "soul survivor" of doing this.  Winks and smiles! See you soon on another! Love, Merlin
      July 14, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

I go to Questions by Category" often, too. On the right of my page, I see the older questions which I assume you're talking about and under those questions I see "Newest Ten" Questions or something like that. I doubt if that helps you or addresses your question. So I'm probably not much help!
    :)

Also, another option ~ there's this answermugger named WelbyQuentin. Feel free to go to his profile page, hit "More", then you can hit on all of his questions/discussions. I hear his questions rock.
    Ha!
    ;)

In all reality, I shake my head at some of the questions I've asked! Ha!
      July 12, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Dear Welby~
    If there was ever a Welby about, you are the bestest of best, no doubt!
    And with all your questions and inquires in place
    I definitely see none of discombobulation or disgrace
    For, your inquires are just as important as the rest
    Why?  because you are "The Welby"  The bestest of best!

Thank you Welby!  You  make me smile and
    that stays with me through every mile!
     Hugs and loves, Merlin :) This post was edited by Merlin at July 16, 2017 4:35 PM MDT
      July 14, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

Ah! A poem about my questions and me! Thanks, Merlin! Very nice of you to think this of it all!
      July 16, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

maybe you should ask just asking that question
      July 12, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

Good Morning pearl~  Good point!  I think you're on the right track.  Luckily for us, right under you,  she was on it.:)
    I thought to post it out here to help others if they might be having the same dilemma.  It might not be a dilemma at all :O  It might be doing exactly as planned.  Thank you pearl and thank you most of all for not answering in a negative tone.  You are very helpful.  Have a great day.  Love, Merlin
      July 14, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

P.S. pearl~ You are VERY good at computers.  I wish you could tutor me. Could you do that online without getting in trouble?  I'd me more than happy to pay you via paypal.
    Just trying to help you a little, too :) 
      July 14, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

A mixture of things not working like I wanted them to, hopefulness, and laziness.

Our old leaderboards let me pick whether I wanted to display the most popular questions of the day, week, or month. When I set up this site, for some reason, I assumed it was showing me the most popular questions at that time, and I added the leaderboards all over the place. Even when we were in beta testing, I didn't catch it because our "popular" discussions were all active. When we launched and imported all the data, it populated with all the old questions. Apparently, it looks for the most popular questions of all time. Which, I guess has its benefits, but is not what I wanted. When we relaunched after the redesign, I had this beautiful vision that we'd correct all the issues, including that one, and it would be smooth sailing within a month. Two at max. So, I changed some of the more prominent leaderboards and left that one alone... I added the most recent below it. That was last September, I believe. :/
      July 12, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

Thank you Just Asking :) :)
    I figured it was something I was doing. I'm glad to know it wasn't.  It certainly is not a crisis or worth racking your brain over.  However, it was weird, if you think about,  because it was September 11th when it froze.  The Twilight Zone?!   
      July 14, 2017 10:03 AM MDT