Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What do you find most frustrating in relationships?

What do you find most frustrating in relationships?

And how do you resolve your problems?

Posted - July 20, 2016

Responses

Relationships...;-D...

http://answermug.com/photo/albums/the-laws-of-human-intergenderdynamics

I have "resolved the problem" by not having one...;-D....

July 20, 2016 7:42 PM MDT

• I feel sad hearing that.

July 20, 2016 8:03 PM MDT

@hartfire -- There is no need to feel sad. I am relatively at peace with the situation (Even if I do enjoy singing along to Sam Kinison's rendition of "Wild Thing" a bit too much)....;-D...

July 20, 2016 8:08 PM MDT

• Having to remember birthdays & anniversaries

July 20, 2016 8:12 PM MDT

Other humans

July 20, 2016 10:04 PM MDT

• It's true that one can be very content living alone.

I hope you have good friends close by.

July 21, 2016 2:06 AM MDT

• Ouch!

July 21, 2016 2:06 AM MDT

• What solutions do you use?

July 21, 2016 2:08 AM MDT

• Is it that bad?

July 21, 2016 2:09 AM MDT

• an old fashioned, printed calender on the wall by the fridge with important dates written on it.

July 21, 2016 11:57 AM MDT

The outside forces that you don't readily have control over and you know your partner has no control over either.  This could be family or demands of a job.

July 21, 2016 12:22 PM MDT

I don't have room to post an entire book here.  This is a bit extreme to be asking as a question.  It's complicated to say the least.  There is no one answer.    Let's hope the good outweighs the bad.  For some it does, for many it is an eye-opener and a rude awakening.  

July 21, 2016 12:25 PM MDT

•   July 21, 2016 2:16 PM MDT
  • Bez

When women change their minds about something. That drives me crackers. I would much rather date a woman who still means today what she said in 1968.

July 21, 2016 2:21 PM MDT

• Thank you for your thoughtful answer. It's one of the influences that self-help books and psychologists rarely discuss.

And it's interesting how little employers recognise the importance of good family relationships to the motivation of their workers to do well in their work. Fair and flexible work conditions and not having to work excessive hours or bring work home could make a big difference.

Other relatives - that one will be with most of us forever.

July 21, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

• Ha, ha, ha! :D

In my case, it's my husband whose constantly changing his mind. I find it so hard to keep up with that often I can't remember what the latest intention or plan is.

I've changed too - about once every ten to twenty years a major change in occupation. In views, a shift in philosophy. In emotions, gradually more stability. My husband has trouble adjusting for the first few days, and then mysteriously accepts it as if it were never any different.

July 21, 2016 2:31 PM MDT

• Yeah! :)

We use one of those too, and chat about it at breaksfast.

Before that, we'd constantly trip up over each other's plans.

July 21, 2016 2:38 PM MDT

So true.  When I was younger, I picked terrible partners.  All the stress was being with people that had real issues, passive me included.  Now that I am all grown up and have a wonderful husband, the things that stress us out are not within our relationship.  A good week for us is not having to deal with one of our adult kids and their issues, or his job that expects him to work 12 hours or more a day.  Of course it could be a lot worse.  I know my blessings.

July 21, 2016 3:24 PM MDT

• You and me, peas in a pod in that regard.

My first live in was high-end bi-polar, 2nd an illegal immigrant jazz photographer going blind, 3rd paranoid jealous rage and hash addict, 4th schizoid. inally mus husband

Finally my husband, normally walking wounded, gentle, sane, loves people, music and all things green - and despite our difficulties, my most beloved best friend.

July 21, 2016 3:31 PM MDT

You and I could definitely get together and have lunch then.  

We are indeed two peas in a pod in this regards.  Very nice to meet you and glad we both finally made some great choices!

July 21, 2016 4:16 PM MDT

• It might need to be an imaginary lunch.

I'm in Tweed Valley, Australia, not far from a hamlet called Tyalgum.

I think you're in England or the UK, yes?

Ari and I still needed to do a lot of work on learning how to communicate, especially when it came to dealing with conflict. We still work on it, and slowly get better.

July 21, 2016 6:29 PM MDT

• to hell with the smart phones, electronic reminders...I have all those, but nothing beat a pen and a Cat calendar. 

the act of just physicially writing it also helps keep in your memory

July 21, 2016 7:37 PM MDT

•   July 21, 2016 8:12 PM MDT

• :) I know exactly what you mean! :)

July 21, 2016 11:39 PM MDT