Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Reverend Muhammadovsky
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » If you own or have ever owned a new car, what's the story behind the first dent it incurred?

If you own or have ever owned a new car, what's the story behind the first dent it incurred?

Also, approximately how long as you owned the new car when the dent happened?
~

Posted - July 14, 2017

Responses

Hit by a cop backing out of a parking lot at CVS.....crushed fender.....car about two-weeks old. 

Another brand new car (about two months old) I was involved in a four-car pile up.  It was my fault or so everyone said, because I ran into the back of a car which then hit a car which then hit a car which then hit a car.  Unbelievably all of us worked at the same place and we all had State Farm so there was no fault charged to me.....everyone's own policy covered them. 
      July 15, 2017 1:45 AM MDT

The owner of the car next to my spot in the garage opened his door too far and dinged mine.
      July 15, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

Ouch!

Also, approximately how long as you owned the new car when the dent happened?
    ~
      July 15, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

Couple of months.  Then, when the car was about four months old, I noticed a gash on the same side of the car.  The guy must have been pulling out of his spot and cut to close to mine and took the paint off.  When I looked at his car, I noticed the red paint of my car on is left front bumper.  I sent him a note that I would get an estimate for the repair and expected him to pay for it.  He claimed he didn't do it and I showed him the photos.  He made a big stink about it, but eventually, he slipped a check under my door which paid for the damage.
      July 15, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

Hey, they said the drive-thru was open!  

July 15, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

ive never had a car
      July 15, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

• "Yes" ... I've owned a new car, but to my knowledge it didn't incur any dents while I owned it.

July 28, 2017 9:09 AM MDT