Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Has anyone ever been to a Massage Envy for a massage? Where have you gone?

Has anyone ever been to a Massage Envy for a massage? Where have you gone?

Posted - July 18, 2017

Responses

The only one I have ever had is in my home.
      July 18, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

no, i dont go to those places
      July 18, 2017 1:22 PM MDT

I'm weird about being touched. I don't like strangers touching me at all. When my ex and I got married, I sucked it up and agreed to get a couple's massage at some place up in Sedona. Bad idea. I already have lower back problems. I have since my oldest son was worn. I warned her and asked her to be gentle, but in the end, I was in tears and told her to stop. I hurt for days. Years later, I worked for a dentist who wanted to treat us all, so he set us up with pampering packages at a country club in Scottsdale. We all showed up to work one day and they had a limo waiting for us. The gesture was really nice- beyond anything I ever received from an employer, and I couldn't reject it, but I tell ya, I would have rather spent the day at work.

So, no, I've never done Massage Envy. I know people who do and are super happy with it. Hearing about a bad experience with a massage therapist from there is pretty rare, and it usually comes down to the person preferring a specific type of massage that wasn't the therapist's specialty. For example, the person wanted deep tissue, and the therapist gave better relaxing massages. None of that was ever a problem for the people I knew. They'd just request a different massage therapist on the next round or find someone they liked and go with it.
      July 18, 2017 2:47 PM MDT

no
    but I go to Lush cosmetics store and get a free hand massage with Lush samples.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lush-torrance?select_video=d_quAgPvdrBiYevEpB9Ybw
    https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lush-torrance?select_video=TK5suzeNu_d4rsarA5DcRw
    This post was edited by Kidddas53 at July 18, 2017 8:36 PM MDT
      July 18, 2017 8:35 PM MDT