Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you tried the edibles yet?

Have you tried the edibles yet?

Posted - July 19, 2017

Responses

Yes. Well, my late husband tried them as I do not eat my own underwear. 
      July 19, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

Edible MMJ underwear.  You may be onto something here.  $$$$$$
      July 19, 2017 8:28 AM MDT

I would definitely consider eating my own underwear then. Yes please. ;D 
      July 19, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

Forget the undies.  Just enjoy.

July 19, 2017 8:33 AM MDT

Yum.....ok , i will.....(30 minutes later) .....BURP....ew...why is everyone on here staring at me. ;+
      July 19, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

Yes...I tried a half gummy. Lame.
      July 19, 2017 9:59 AM MDT

That's like saying I had a sip of beer once.

What are you even talking about?  Of course it is lame if you don't try it correctly.  There are a million strains of Lame.   Did you even bother to see what you ate? 

NO.  So, you don't get to play this one.  When properly prescribed?  It is all the difference between anxiety and smooth sailing through the day.

July 19, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

Nothing prepackaged like that, just homemade. Yum! 

July 19, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

Now that homemade stuff does not work at all well for me.  That stuff puts me to sleep.

But the edibles have a great combo that works better for me and I can control the amount a lot better too.

It takes the edge off for me without making me feel weird or out of sorts.
      July 19, 2017 10:32 AM MDT

Depends on what it's made of. I've had sleepy experiences and peppy ones, same as with weed. 

Makes so much sense for it to be legal and labeled, so you know exactly what you're getting! 
      July 19, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

Well, I don't know about legal.  I think it should be prescribed.  By a reputable doctor.  Or 3. 
      July 19, 2017 12:34 PM MDT

The problem with requiring a prescription is too many people can't afford to see a doctor, due to the high cost of insurance.
    And those with Medicaid / Medicare are often stuck with using clinics with no doctors.

I have a couple friends with drastic medical problems, who are stuck in that situation ... so can't get "medical" marijuana.
    But they can get "recreational" marijuana to relieve pain, stress, and lessen anxiety attacks.

btw - California is making "recreational" use legal.
    I hear some of the "wine tours" will be adding marijuana to the tour.  Some are figuring out what wine goes with what marijuana product.  LOL

This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at July 19, 2017 12:59 PM MDT
      July 19, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

If alcohol is to remain legal for recreational use, so should cannabis. Cannabis never killed anyone, ever.  Once the feds figure out how to make more money regulated cannabis than they do criminalizing it, it will be legal for recreational use everywhere. 
      July 19, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

I don't have a condition that warrants it. It's only legal here medically. But, I have a handful of friends that have gummy bears and such. I think it's a cool concept- like Savvy said, it's good that they're getting into labeling now because it takes the guesswork out of it. People know what's in it and how much they need in order to eliminate their anxiety or whatever.

I hear it's really easy to get your card here, but I'm kind of meh about the whole thing. I don't like anything that messes with the way my brain works- and that goes for everything from prescribed pain medicine to alcohol. 
      July 19, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

It may not be for you.  I have very jangled nerves and it helps me a lot.  It does not mess with my brain any worse than not having it in my system or I wouldn't do it.  So, if you do not need it, I do not consider any drug a FUN drug.  It is either doing something positive or it should not be used.
      July 19, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

Yeah, I'm not knocking it. The people I know who have their cards and consume do better with it. I think everyone I know who has their card has it for anxiety. If you compare cannabis or cannabidiol to any of the traditional chemical prescriptions for conditions, they have a lot of the same effects, though the natural stuff tends to cause considerably fewer issues. I've had friends take things like tramadol for anxiety, and it really messes them up- brain fog, fatigue, stomach issues, withdrawal, etc., so it's pretty ridiculous that some places don't allow this- especially when it's monitored and measured. 
      July 19, 2017 1:05 PM MDT

not yet
      July 19, 2017 2:59 PM MDT