Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Should we all have the same health insurance as our elected officials in Congress?

Should we all have the same health insurance as our elected officials in Congress?

They are hardly ever affected by the laws they pass and I'm talking about the Republican Party as well as the Democratic Party. What affects us should also affect them.

Posted - July 19, 2017

Responses

The Republican party AS well as ?

Oh really?  Like we have to worry about any other party?

July 19, 2017 7:22 PM MDT

Yes, we should. Medical care should be provided to all citizens, as are things like mail service, police and fire protection and national defense. Personally, I'd trade in my police protection for medical care in a heartbeat. 
      July 19, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

Yes, absolutely; and at the same price for coverage that they pay. And that would work except for the fact that we the taxpayer cover their costs too, not enough money left over to cover the rest of us with Bugatti health insurance coverage. But hey, if the taxpayer can't afford their own healthcare after paying for that of Congress and other government employees well, let them eat aspirin then.

There should be an exception to Congressional healthcare coverage. Veteran in the government should be required to use the Veterans Administration healthcare system for their medical services such as John McCain with his recent neurosurgical procedure. He and all other veteran Congressmen, all veterans in general, should be forced to use Veterans Administration medical facilities instead of allowing them to "double dip" with medical insurance coverage. You would think that they would embrace that wonderful single-administrator system, but no.

One thing to note is that Democrats and Republicans only exist during voting season or when there's a "hot" camera and/or microphone in their vicinity. At all other times they're ALL "Congressionalists" with only their own personal gain in mind. Take a look at how many millionaires are in Congress and look at how their personal wealth has grown with their seniority. The don't even have to follow "insider trading" restrictions when buying stock that everyone else has to.
      July 19, 2017 8:13 PM MDT

Not necessarily.  Congress should have whatever the Federal government offers its employees.  You should have whatever your employer offers and/or whatever you wish to have and can afford.  
      July 19, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

• Medicare for all, single-payer system is the only way to proceed for healthcare. Members of Congress should be required live by the rules and regulations they put into place no matter what they are.
      July 20, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

only if its a good one
      July 20, 2017 3:58 PM MDT