Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » How would things be different if men had to carry and birth babies?

How would things be different if men had to carry and birth babies?

O_o

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

You know... I am not so sure they would be all that different. I am a true believer in equality... we are different but way more similar than we think or accept.. I've read a lot about how much of the differences we think there are are really not so.. like the myth that girls aren't good at maths/science/computers etc...  And how women are supposedly better at raising kids... but you know here we do have a fair bit of equality.. we very often see househusbands and men taking a much more active role in caring for kids...

So for sure it's excruciatingly painful to give birth and I don't think that men would like that bit. but there's every reason to think they would do a fantastic job at being the primary caregiver to a child.. and I think they would adapt pretty well... We would see more women in higher roles... and more equality.. but I think we are heading that way anyway and as far as I see it it's a good thing.. good for kids that dads are more involved and good for women that there is more choice. 
      July 22, 2017 3:13 PM MDT

we'd be in trouble
      July 22, 2017 3:22 PM MDT