Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is it true we unconsciously seek out partners who are different from us, then grow tired of the differences we were initially attracted to?

Is it true we unconsciously seek out partners who are different from us, then grow tired of the differences we were initially attracted to?

Posted - July 22, 2017

Responses

I would say some people do... others seek out those who compliment and share similar outlooks on life. For me I liked the excitment of someone who is spontaneous, adventurous and different.. but for me there always needed to be that compatibility, the sharing of values and ideals.. Peace and harmony are important to me..  So to answer specifically, (you know I sometimes answer fairly obliquely lol) I would say.. that no, I never found I got tired of the differences... I loved someone for 28 years = he was very different and not compatible...never again! And the two other men I have loved, I truly would have loved forever...had they not both betrayed me... so no I think I am pretty tolerant of differences and enjoy them.
      July 22, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

it might be true for some people, everyone is different
      July 22, 2017 3:21 PM MDT