Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » Have you ever invited a lonely person to a family get-together to make them feel like they are cared for?

Have you ever invited a lonely person to a family get-together to make them feel like they are cared for?

We have done this several times at festivals like Diwali with an old widow neighbour living alone in my parents' building. Our family is indebted to her in a way because several years ago her husband gladly exchanged his flat with my uncle's so that the two brothers can be neighbours. She never comes empty-handed, always brings something delicious to share with us, or some decorative piece for the home. 

Posted - July 24, 2017

Responses

We have Randy D over every Groundhog Day. He always brings his spelling lessons. Good times.

July 24, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

Thanksgiving is a big one in my book. If I know anyone who will be alone that day and doesn't want to be alone, I invite them over. 
      July 24, 2017 7:40 PM MDT

no cause my family wont even invite me to their get togethers
      July 25, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

"The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this:to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation..." (James 1:27) important to keep in mind this counsel. Hard to understand someone in that situation until you find yourself there too. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at October 31, 2018 11:28 PM MDT
      October 31, 2018 11:25 PM MDT