Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The very young were groomed to be Nazis. Trump is grooming Boy Scouts to be Trumpies. Think he'll do a good job making them into mini-hims?

The very young were groomed to be Nazis. Trump is grooming Boy Scouts to be Trumpies. Think he'll do a good job making them into mini-hims?

Posted - July 25, 2017

Responses

Trump is not grooming the Boy Scouts of America for anything. They have their own motto, which reflects the activities they are involved in. Perhaps Trump will follow a few of them. 
      July 25, 2017 8:09 AM MDT

Did you watch/listen to his appearance at the Boy Scout Jamboree? He began with "Who the he** wants to talk about politics"?. He said  Washington wasn't a swamp but a cesspool. He attacked Obama and had the Boy Scouts booing Obama.  I think that is definitely grooming them to be minihims Marguerite. It is disgusting and inappropriate and unseemly and evil to do that. But what is so shocking is that they booed! How would you like your children to be exposed to THAT? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday. Trump can't learn anything. He is already perfect in his eyes and knows everything. According to him. I feel sorry for those kids who are already badly damaged by his appearance there. What else does the Boy Scout organization condone? What else do they promulgate? One wonders. :(
      July 25, 2017 8:25 AM MDT

@Rosie, no, I did not watch Trump's speech. I don't have cable. I only watch movies on TV. I can probably catch it on You Tube or Twitter. What comes out of Trump's mouth is dangerous for everyone, including children. I read a lot and see many articles about parents trying to deal with their children and Trump. There are parents that idolize Trump, so their children think he's great. Others don't, so neither do their children. I think we have to consider the source and advice our children about how to take Trump. Trump is an entertainer, and he works on getting headlines to suck all the air of the news cycle. That distracts from the kind of job his administration is doing in the country. 

While we we look at all the craziness, Congress is passing important legislation that affects all of us. They don't want us to flood their offices or phone lines with complaints. 

I like scouts. I think they do a great job. Trump should not take credit for what scouts try to teach. 
      July 25, 2017 9:43 AM MDT

only time will tell
      July 25, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

• And now the very young attending public schools are being groomed to be little Muslims, complete with prayer rugs and facing the east. This, of course, is being sponsored by the loudest of the advocates for separation of church and state. The religion of love, peace and blow them the Hell away creating little Imams. Personally, I'll take my chances with the BSA, regardless of who's making the speeches. Incidentally, before you introduce Nazis into the mix, do your homework and you'll discover startling similarities between the American left's agenda and the Germany of the 1930's. 
      July 27, 2017 11:07 PM MDT