Active Now

Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Military » Trump bans transgenders in the military. When they were "legal" did any of them fight and die in US wars?

Trump bans transgenders in the military. When they were "legal" did any of them fight and die in US wars?

I guess  Trump wants to control who is allowed to serve the country in the military and who is allowed to die in war fighting for their country.  Any comments?

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

I just read that in the news and I am in shock right now.
    Transgenders today and who else tomorrow?
    I can't stop shaking my head over what the dumbass in charge keeps doing.
      July 26, 2017 9:51 AM MDT

It may be another Trump diversion/distraction from the Sessions mess he is creating and the Russian Sanctions Congress did an end run around Trump to make veto-proof, and the health care mess and the Russian/Trump et allcollusion scandal. He is DESPERATE to change the focus. So he thinks of this! SIGH. I have no words to describe my contempt/disgust with this poor excuse for a human being. Well, I guess I just did. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Wednesday! :)
      July 26, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

The man is nothing if not consistent in his bigotry, hatred and ignorance. I hope this sparks the YUUGE backlash it so richly deserves.   
      July 26, 2017 10:01 AM MDT

I second that but here's what's even worse. It could simply be another Trump diversion/distraction to get folks focused on something else and away from the morass he keeps creating daily with his tweets. He cannot help himself. He cannot shut the he** up.  So in the end he will be his own undoing. Thank you for your reply LO and Happy Wednesday :)
      July 26, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

I'm surprised that the Secret Service hasn't shut his Twitter account down. Its job is to protect the President - and this one needs protection from HIMSELF.
      July 26, 2017 7:45 PM MDT

i think its wrong hes doing that
      July 26, 2017 1:40 PM MDT

Probably, but until relatively recently it was impossible to identify them. Even after it became legal, the social stigma was such that transgendered folks kept it RIGHT in the back of the closet.  
      July 26, 2017 7:41 PM MDT