Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Fox News WAS the most watched cable network in Primetime. WAS. Now it is MSNBC. Did the firing of O'Reilly cause that?

Fox News WAS the most watched cable network in Primetime. WAS. Now it is MSNBC. Did the firing of O'Reilly cause that?

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

I'd like to not think it was.  I'd like to think people started to STOP watching the riff raff all news casts feed us and started going out and making a difference in their immediate societies :)

July 26, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

Yes. Well what we'd like to think and what really is often are poles apart.  I just wondered what the big deal was. Wa  Fox a one-trick pony all along? Thank you for your reply Merlin and Happy Wednesday! :)
      July 26, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

For some reason I didn't see this before.  Happy Wednesday to you too my dear :)  Just a quick FYI for you.  In about 2 hours I'm leaving for a convention and won't be back until Saturday night. While I'm gone, keep on mustering up a bunch of cool and diverse  questions that keep people thinking.  Have a great time and see you on my return.  Have fun and Take Care :)  Love, Merlin
      July 26, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

Have a great time at the convention my friend! Thanks for the kind words and your reply Merlin and Happy Friday! :) Love, Rosie :) ((hugs))
      July 28, 2017 5:24 AM MDT

I like Merlin thoughts on the loss Fox News viewership...  Unfortunately, O'Reilly (Fox News biggest star) loss of his job at Fox News Channel and its second-biggest Fox News star, Megyn Kelly loss, IMO, is probably affecting viewership negatively, fewer viewers... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at July 26, 2017 1:01 PM MDT
      July 26, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

Thank you Beans/SilentGeneration.  I'm not familiar with the "cast" at the moment but I was a couple years ago.  Don and I used to watch it every morning because we liked Steve, Jullian, and Dorthy.  The news they chose to give us was obviously slided by politics and ratings but the weather was good.  We liked Ricky Dicky and Maria was o.k. The traffic and the local news we did appreciate.  Anything else was really wasted time. Have a great day and don't get too caught up in the news.  You CAN make a difference right there in your own backyard :)
      July 26, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

So basically it was a one-trick pony, one-note Samba, one-idea news outlet and one-dimensional. Tsk tsk tsk. What do all the  Fox news aficionados do now? Breitbart/Alex Jones? Trump?  Where do they get their "alternative fact news" NOW? Thank you for your reply Beans/SG and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      July 26, 2017 1:04 PM MDT

its possible
      July 26, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

The Murdoch media just became too implausible even for the reddest of rednecks to swallow its tripe.
      July 26, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

The culture of sexual assault became too much what with Roger Ailes AND Bill O'Reilly both being booted for it. Others at the station were also guilty apparently. Any woman was fair game for assault/disrespect. Thank you for your reply Sbf.
      July 28, 2017 5:26 AM MDT

• I don't watch news agencies. Even if they were reporting the end of the world, I could not listen to people whom I consider to be blowhards and idiots deluxe. The real kick in the pants is that this wasteland is shaping and sometimes inventing the dribble we call public opinion.
      July 27, 2017 10:45 PM MDT

True. HOWEVER before 9/11 I watched the evening news and let it go at that. After 911?  When Jim isn't watching something else on TV I always have on a cable news channel. When I'm on the computer or in the kitchen I can hear the TV.   I don't want to be surprised. Right now at any time I expect war with North Korea. The idiot prez could inadvertently tweet something akin to declaration of war because he has massive diarrhea of his fingers when he tweets and his mouth when he speaks. He cannot be trusted.  When I awaken to learn what was going on I dread what I'm going to find out. No one can stop this out-of-control insane wreck of a human being and until he is out of there for good we are all at risk 24/7.  SIGH. Didn't mean it to turn into a rant. Apologies to thee G. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      July 28, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

More fake news.
    Fox news is still the most watched network. 

FNC’s 1.9 million primetime total viewers during the week of July 17-23 was enough to hold off a strong charge from MSNBC, which averaged 1.8 million viewers for the period, to win the category for the ninth consecutive week, according to Nielsen. 

www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/fox-news-squeaks-out-weekly-cable-ratings-wins/167446

July 28, 2017 5:39 AM MDT