Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Military » What happens to transgenders currently serving in the military? Do they get discharged/booted/fired? Is this just a distraction?

What happens to transgenders currently serving in the military? Do they get discharged/booted/fired? Is this just a distraction?

Did Trump do this to create a diversion away from what's going on vis a vis his tirades against Jeff Sessions? He does all the time. Why should this be any different? Of course the lives and careers of some American citizens are being trashed but hey..that's the price of doing business. Right?

Posted - July 26, 2017

Responses

not sure but i think it was mean for him to do that
      July 26, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

I read an article about it, It seems to have been an issue for some time. Current law allow The Pentagon to pay for sex change surgery and most republicans hate that. But Trump jumped far ahead of them, by saying transgenders just should not not be permitted in the military at all.
      July 26, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

Here's what I don't get JakobA. The government has paid for sex change operation for prisoners. What does Mr. Trump have to say about that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      July 27, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

If asked he will probably say that all they deserve is a bullet (and a lot of Trumpeteers will then shout 'Halleluja'). So lets refrain from reminding him that that situation exist too This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at July 27, 2017 7:04 AM MDT
      July 27, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

I'm pretty sure we're safe JakobA. I don't think Mr. Trump will read this unless there is a fink or two on Answermug who reports  everything we say here to the White House. SIGH. I wouldn't be surprised! Thank you for the caution and your reply! :)
      July 27, 2017 7:06 AM MDT