Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Chaos or calm. A good leader encourages calm/getting along. An ungood one thrives on chaos/divisiveness. What good comes from chaos?

Chaos or calm. A good leader encourages calm/getting along. An ungood one thrives on chaos/divisiveness. What good comes from chaos?

Posted - July 28, 2017

Responses

The good thing about chaos is that excellence gets a chance to rise to the top.

That does not happen so often in an aristocratic or hieraical society.

So a surfeit of order is just as bad as a surfeit of randomness.
      July 28, 2017 8:13 AM MDT

I disagree with thee JakobA. I see no good in chaos whatsoever. What rises to the top may not be excellence at all. Just detritus that is  lighter.  The heavy stuff sinks to the bottom like an anchor. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday.
      August 5, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

In the US, I believe it is called "free enterprise", and considered a very good thing. Even with the cost of robber Barons and floating turds.
      August 5, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

• Distraction I guess?
    If you're not sure that you know what you're doing as a leader then having disorder and chaos amongst your cabinet always Leaves open the door to blame them when things go wrong.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 5, 2017 2:47 AM MDT
      July 28, 2017 8:31 AM MDT

Indeed. Diversion/distraction/denial/accusation/attack/insult/lies/conspiracy/collusion/treason. Frantic means by which the spotlight is switched to irrelevant meaningless drivel. Typical. Constant. Ceaseless. Endless. These days. When will it stop?   SIGH. Your guess is as good as mine. Thank you for your reply Truthseeker! :)
      August 5, 2017 2:49 AM MDT

It's nature's way of housecleaning.  It is the inevitable conclusion to mayhem and disorder.

To court mayhem and disorder is asking to screw with Mother Nature and we know already that it is not nice to screw with MN.

July 28, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

id rather be calm
      July 28, 2017 2:42 PM MDT