Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What would remain of you if amnesia afflicted your brain? If you were a mathmatician would you forget how to solve math problems?

What would remain of you if amnesia afflicted your brain? If you were a mathmatician would you forget how to solve math problems?

What would happen to your personality? If you were kind would you become cruel? If you were a great chef would you forget how to cook? Would your IQ remain the same? Your love of certain music or colors or foods would disappear? If all is controlled by the brain and all it loses is memory how does the rest of it function?

Posted - July 30, 2017

Responses

Not precisely on topic, as it refers to Alzheimer's, but a very interesting read: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/dining/paula-wolfert-alzheimers.html
      July 30, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

Thank you for the link Lyric. I shall read it now! :) OK. I read every word. Very sad that such an accomplished woman is fading away. I like her feisty and energetic approach to slowing down the inevitable. I think plaque shows up everywhere in the brain in Alzheimer's and is not localized like memory is. Thanks again. It made for a very good if sad read. This post was edited by RosieG at July 30, 2017 6:52 AM MDT
      July 30, 2017 6:14 AM MDT

you will probably forget a lot of stuff
      July 30, 2017 4:16 PM MDT