Active Now

Element 99
Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Military » In response to North Korea's most recent testing of an ICBM the US engages in a "show of force" with flyovers! How much good does it do?

In response to North Korea's most recent testing of an ICBM the US engages in a "show of force" with flyovers! How much good does it do?

Posted - July 30, 2017

Responses

• Seeing as how the N Korean leader is psycho, I doubt it will do much good, because he seems to think he can take on the whole world. 
      July 30, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

You are right.  Look who the USA has though.   Now tell me a difference?
      July 30, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

• The difference is Trump isn't testing missiles and coming close to other countries with them. Yes, I know he dropped that MOAB, but he's trying to fight ISIS, not start a war with people who aren't bothering us.  
      July 30, 2017 7:50 AM MDT

You know that would be a fair-minded thing to say at a picnic or with friends.  This is REAL. This is NOT how Kim thinks.  This is NOT how Trump thinks.   This is posturing and it invites a narcissist like Kim Un Jong to retaliate with further aplomb.  Or a bomb rather.  

But, Karen, you may be right.  This is just my knee-jerk reaction to all this.  I sure hope I am wrong.   I don't think so. 
      July 30, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

• I don't think this will end well either. The missile fell right off the coast of Japan. If they go to war with N Korea we will probably back them up. Depending on who allies with N K, this could be real trouble for all of us. I honestly do not think Trump wants to go to war with N K, he may not be given much of a choice though. 
      July 30, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

It is totally ludicrous. 

It is like two cowards on a playground trying to act like brave macho pigs.   No one cares that planes are flying over anyplace.   All it is saying is we are full of hot air.   All it is doing is inciting a war by begging for an answer to this. 

Korea is going to do WHAT next?  What will we do NEXT?

No one is thinking and war can be instantaneous.   

July 30, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

• That pic is spot on! 
      July 30, 2017 7:51 AM MDT

You know, you just brought up a rather excellent point.   I don't know how much South Park you were ever exposed to, but that Cartman character is EXACTLY what Kim would have been like as a child.   A narcissistic sociopath.  Perfect.

July 30, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

• I LOVE South Park!! 
      July 30, 2017 8:18 AM MDT

Here are some interesting stats;  the number of aircraft carriers the United States has; 19.  The rest of the world has;  12.  BAM!
      July 30, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

probably not much
      July 30, 2017 2:41 PM MDT