Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you could save time in a bottle, how would you spend it?

If you could save time in a bottle, how would you spend it?

Posted - August 1, 2017

Responses

You're quite the badass.

August 1, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

• Yep ... I'm pretty tough so don't mess with me.
      August 1, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

I learned long ago it cannot be saved...I spend it as I have it, we all do.  I also learned long ago that I cannot go back and give people time I spent elsewhere with them.  So I came to a point where when I chose/choose when to spend time with someone, I know I am giving up other endeavors, ones that many may feel of more urgent importance...getting ahead at work, keeping up with the Jones', etc. ...things I've found don't mean squat when a loved one is gone and all the time you intended to spend with them that was saved for "someday" (when you finished this or accomplished that) you'll now spend without them.  I spend it...now.  I can then treasure the memories.  
      August 1, 2017 7:25 PM MDT

Very wise answer. Years ago, I did intake interviews with people wanting to get into an HIV community resource center. One of the intake questions was "How do you spend your spare time?" During an interview, I asked the question and the gentleman looked at me and said, "There's no such thing as spare time." I'll never forget that.
      August 1, 2017 7:39 PM MDT

Through a horrible disease he had discovered an important truth that bypasses most until it is too late.  I lost a great many people quite young...that changed me...and how I look at things, and how I value things...and people...and time. This post was edited by Bozette at August 1, 2017 8:00 PM MDT
      August 1, 2017 7:57 PM MDT

Absolutely. Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it.   :-)
      August 1, 2017 7:59 PM MDT

Welcome.  :)
      August 1, 2017 8:01 PM MDT