Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Have you ever been to an auction? What did you buy?

Have you ever been to an auction? What did you buy?

Posted - August 5, 2017

Responses

I have. The one I really enjoyed was an art auction, where paintings, limited edition prints, and all kinds of drawing were being auctioned. As a lover of art, since I was a child, I went. I took some friends with me, plus, I really didn't intend to buy anything, as my budget was not set up to include buying art. However, I saw this landscape oil painting, I really liked. As sales began to take place, the painting came up. I found myself bidding on it. My friends were in shock, as the price kept going---up and up. There was this cowboy, that was set on buying the painting as well. The bidding went back and forth, for a while. I had decided I needed that painting, so it finally reached a price that guy wouldn't pay. 
        I had suddenly decided to put the payment on my credit card, and still have the painting. Now, if I want a painting, I just paint one. That was a memorable auction. 

August 5, 2017 6:59 AM MDT

• Sounds like that was a fun day. I love going, but haven't been to one in a very long time. 
      August 5, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

Never.  I have not even bid for anything on Ebay.

I cannot figure it out.

August 5, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

• I haven't bought anything from e-bay in a long time. I once went to a little local auction house that was having a storage auction. They didn't open the boxes and we were bidding blind. I won about three of them, one was full of porcelain figurines, I used them as Christmas presents.  
      August 5, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

I have been to a couple of auctions, but haven't bought anything.  I went with a friend who liked to go.
      August 5, 2017 10:28 AM MDT