Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Thanksgiving will be here soon, are you gearing up for Black Friday shopping?

Thanksgiving will be here soon, are you gearing up for Black Friday shopping?

Posted - August 5, 2017

Responses

I worked at Wal-Mart during the last one.  And thank God I got off work before it started.  God I hated that job more than anything.  It's probably what made me run and renew my massage license.

Since the internet has awoken, Black  Fridays are not as crowded as before.   Wal-Mart is freaking out because they are losing tons of money to Amazon.

LOL  Poetic Justice. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 5, 2017 11:09 AM MDT
      August 5, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

• Those poor babies....I hate Walmart and I've never worked there. You dodged a major bullet last year. 
      August 5, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

I was the FIRST person they let go after the Holidays.  January 2nd they dumped me before I could even check in.

They dumped another girl who wanted Wal-Mart to be her career choice and she was a good worker. But she was hated by some of the decision-makers who didn't personally care for her.   She was SOBBING in front of everyone about it. She was broken-hearted.

Not me.
    My co-workers pretty much liked me and I got along with everyone.  BUT I HATED THE JOB and I refused to torture myself to make them happy.  LOL 

I would actually get someone to relieve me when I had to go to the bathroom and not wait for my break if I felt I had to really go pee.  How incompetent was that?  

My boss was very obnoxious about letting me in on the news.  He takes me into the back room and hands me my final paycheck.

I burst into smiles and told him this was the best day of my life, that I hated this place and that I just happened to get a huge amount of money in the mail that same day and I was going back to school where I belonged. 

He half-heartedly said "oh, good luck to you".  He couldn't stand me because I insulted his career choice by telling him how much Wal-Mart and he sucked.

So, they kicked me to the curb and not one second too soon.  That same day, a check came in the mail from my mom's insurance policy that paid me $7,000 and that was more than enough for me to take a deep breath and celebrate my loss of Wal-Mart.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 5, 2017 10:59 AM MDT
      August 5, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

• I remember how much you hated that place. It's wonderful when someone thinks they are doing you wrong, but it's really the opposite. :)
      August 5, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

Yes.  We both had major changes that helped with our work situation.  I was very happy for you because I know how it feels for sure. 
      August 5, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

• These are the times when I hate capitalism...
      August 5, 2017 10:02 AM MDT

I don't understand those people. I'd rather shop online so I don't get involved in all the pushing and shoving. Atleast I get a bonus for working Black Friday, that's the only positive.
      August 5, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

Please. You're frightening the children.

August 5, 2017 11:10 AM MDT