Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does it hurt a girl to be lifted by the waist

Does it hurt a girl to be lifted by the waist

You have no doubt seen it in movies, lifting her up on a carriage, just lifting her up in joy and love. Super cool

But don't it hurt? The waist is a 'soft area', all you can take hold of there is fragile inner organs like liver, kidney and guts. You pretty much have to move your hands up to where the lift is achieve by pressing up against her lower ribs, but the ribs are soft and bendy and will probably get squeezed together accordion fashion as soon as you start lifting.

So for those who have been lifted that way: Dont it hurt like hell ?

Posted - August 5, 2017

Responses

No of course not.  Does it hurt YOU?

We both have waists.

It hurts more to be lifted by the boobs. That hurts bad.  It would hurt you too though.

August 5, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

Hurt me, well, as have mentioned I am a size large, very few people have even tried. and those who did quickly gave up on the idea.
      August 5, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

Oh.  Then the question should have been: Should a large girl be lifted up by the waist?   The answer would have been along the lines of: Only if the person doing the lifting can handle the weight.  

August 5, 2017 4:12 PM MDT

(hurts badly)

This is your last warning. 

August 5, 2017 4:05 PM MDT

Or else what ? You better not hurt Sharonna Bigly ;-))
      August 5, 2017 4:30 PM MDT

Or be strong enough to lift me.

August 5, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

This was the closest picture I could find.
      August 5, 2017 9:31 AM MDT

Not if its contained.

August 5, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

In the movies, figure skating, or dance, it's a choreographed move. The hand placement is perfected and each person builds up to it, knowing how to balance their bodies. If the people have practiced or are at least well in tune with their bodies, it does not hurt. If the man positions his hands wrong or the girl isn't prepared and isn't balanced, it does. 
      August 5, 2017 2:51 PM MDT

• The choreographer teaches the girl to help the man by an upward spring herself. If the hold is firm, there's no pain at all. But if his hand slips and slides against the waist, then there's somewhat of a scraping burning feeling. Nothing too serious. 

I did attend a few summer holiday dance classes some years ago where we were taught this. I must get back to them. We used to have people from 8 to 80 participating. I'll be somewhere half-way. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 6, 2017 6:09 AM MDT
      August 6, 2017 2:02 AM MDT

I know, huh?

~
      August 6, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

toddlers get picked up the same way....you dont just yank people up by their arms.
      August 5, 2017 4:59 PM MDT

Thing is toddlers weigh very little, typically less than 15 kilogram at the end of their second year. Even soft tissues will support that much weight when encircled by grownup hands. Your point about not lifting them by pulling on their arms are correct though.
      August 5, 2017 11:48 PM MDT

• The choreographer teaches the girl to help the man by an upward spring herself. If the hold is firm, there's no pain at all. But if his hand slips and slides against the waist, then there's somewhat of a scraping burning feeling. Nothing too serious. 

I did attend a few summer holiday dance classes some years ago where we were taught this. I must get back to them. We used to have people from 8 to 80 participating. I'll be somewhere half-way. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 6, 2017 6:09 AM MDT
      August 6, 2017 2:04 AM MDT

I think it's all in the wrist:

Poor fella.  He should do it the way I do it:

~
      August 6, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

• Ref third picture. 
    You're a gentleman ;another would have looked up. 
      August 6, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

Thank you, my friend!  

*Meanwhile, Randy D struggles to be good:

"Don't look up, don't look up, don't look up, don't look up, don't do it, whatever it takes, don't look up!"

~
      August 6, 2017 4:41 PM MDT