Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". If true the next 3-1/2 years will be like the past six months. OK with you?

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior". If true the next 3-1/2 years will be like the past six months. OK with you?

Posted - August 6, 2017

Responses

Soooo...we can expect the daily Trump barrage on the Mug to continue unabated for the next 3-1/2 years?  Knock yourself out, Rosie.

August 6, 2017 8:08 AM MDT

• The past is dead and gone. There is no guarantee of a future for anyone. What we have is here and now. I plan, prepare and anticipate, but I don't get excited about  the future. I recognize that these are perilous times, yet this is the most exciting time in which to be alive. If that's the way I see it, then I can't be too pessimistic. I've learned that people will disappoint you deeply. I've known the great, powerful and rich and I've known the poor and unknown. People will be people because it's their nature. They'll let you down and they'll deceive, cause pain and suffering at their worst and show heroism, enlightenment and compassion at their best. The past may indeed be prologue, but the better angels of our nature have shown that we don't have to dwell in the past. This nation doesn't move in the direction that I would like to see it go on many occasions. I don't agree with much of what we offer as solutions to our worst problems. I refuse to be oppressed , depressed, excited or agitated over the state of government or the direction of culture in this society or what it bodes for the future. You can depend on people to make a mess of things and you can be sure too that they will persevere.
      August 6, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

not really
      August 6, 2017 5:23 PM MDT