Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What have you leaned about people from your experience being on the internet?

What have you leaned about people from your experience being on the internet?

Posted - August 11, 2017

Responses

You just never know what's really going on in people's lives. The internet can be the ultimate secret keeper.
      August 11, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

More than I can express in a minute or so, having been on here for 10 years.  Here comes Old School home from work.  When I got on here 10 years ago he lived in Hawaii.  Now he and I share a house.  That is BIZARRE.

So, life is filled with surprises.

August 11, 2017 5:42 PM MDT

You and old school sitting in a tree,  k....i.....s....s....i....n.......g....... First comes love. Then comes marriage. then comes... you know the rest.   :)))))
      August 11, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

Not even close.   No.  We are buddies.   And that is it. 
      August 11, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

Of course you are, thats what i meant Shar to the RoNa. Why would you think otherwise (said while knitting SHar to the ROna and Old School some baby booties) thats just ridiculous. ;+
      August 11, 2017 9:17 PM MDT

• Well, I've learned a lot about women from reading tons of profiles on dating sites.
    I've found out what they want and I've learned that just because a woman is beautiful on the outside doesn't mean she's beautiful on the inside.
    You really have to become friends and get to know her really well before jumping into a relationship.
    I've also noticed that nice, honest, sweet, loyal, kind hearted loving people really are hard to find in this world and when you do find one they're usually already married to some as__ole.
    Some good people seem to get used and attract bad people who use them, take sdvantage of them and hurt them.

I learned that everyone wants attention and just about everyone thinks that they are a good person and a lot of people cheat even ones who say they never would so be careful with your heart or just be realistic about people.
    The internet exposes people in some ways and make's me realize that television and movies just portray what we would like people to be.
    The internet shows who we really are to a degree.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 2, 2017 4:52 PM MDT
      August 11, 2017 6:47 PM MDT

• I've learned everyone is kinda fooked up in the head. Some people just hide it better than others. :)
      August 11, 2017 7:17 PM MDT

• LoL!
      August 11, 2017 8:02 PM MDT

• :)
      August 11, 2017 8:06 PM MDT

• "Everybody's birthday is on January 1st."
      August 11, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

Most people think they're better than they really are. Also, feelings are still feelings whether online or in person.
      August 11, 2017 9:01 PM MDT

That we all have one thing in common. We have some type of computer. This post was edited by carbonproduct at August 12, 2017 9:15 AM MDT
      August 11, 2017 9:10 PM MDT

Oh... wait... no... I learned that from House. 

Really, it's no different from real life. Some people wear masks and some take theirs off. I think most people try to do the best they can with the hand they've been dealt. Sometimes, it's ugly. Other times, my faith in humanity is restored. You can't expect to know how someone will be or what they will do, but you can sometimes listen and get insight. You can harden your heart and block people out or you can keep giving, hoping your light will brighten the lights in others. 
      August 11, 2017 11:23 PM MDT

I try not to lean on anyone I "meet" on the internet. :)
      August 12, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

probably that youre not the only one going thru stuff
      August 14, 2017 4:52 PM MDT