Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Which branch of Einstein's relativity deals with gravity ?

Which branch of Einstein's relativity deals with gravity ?

Posted - August 13, 2017

Responses

• Wasn't it Newton? 
      August 13, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

Hi Neelie~  I just came back from work and thank you for putting so much effort into answering these physically wonderful questions.  You are one that proves Beauty and Brains do actually work together. 
    Even though you are are on the right train of thought on this one, I still give an A+ for friendship and knowledge.
    You are one of a kind. 
    Thank you.  Love, Merlin
      August 14, 2017 11:00 PM MDT

• And thank you, Merlin, for taking me back 30 years right into my science classroom with Mr Unadkat, my Physics teacher. He was already close to retirement when he took me in grade 10; so if he's alive (and I haven't heard to the contrary) he should be touching 90. Must find out. 
      August 15, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

See?!  That is how wonderful you are! It would be absolutely wonderful if he were still alive and you contacted him. Why?  My Grammie was an English teacher way back in the 1940s I believe.  And she made such a great impact on her students (I'm not putting myself down here, but (like there) if she were to proof any of my writing she would be turning over in her grave) Some of her students wrote to her before she died and thanked her for making such an impact on their lives.
    It means the world to older people.  Please do see if he is still alive Neelie.  It would mean the world to him.  Thank you for being so considerate.  And from one gorgeous set of legs to another, you've learned and walked your life in the "Physic"al world, well.  Your are great.  Love, Merlin
      August 15, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

Energy equals matter times the speed of light squared.

So the matter is what weighs something.  Energy has no discernable weight.  Light does not as far as I know.  Speed certainly doesn't.  Although speed may cause gravity in some way I do not understand.

I'm going with weight.  I'm going with matter.

August 13, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

Energy equals mass multiplied by the speed of light squared. Mass is believed to be linked to gravity, though there is some uncertainty about this. The more massive an object, the greater the gravity.
      August 14, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

Hi Harry Demon~  My goodness.  Your train of thought matches mine to a tee.  I'm not really sure if we are correct; but, I will say, I brought a towel as I jump from universe to universe.  As Douglas Adams says, You are right in your own world and I agree. 
      August 14, 2017 11:05 PM MDT

Yeah, I'm not completely sure, Merlin, but I think we are correct. I'm pretty certain of it. I'm glad you know where your towel is!
      August 18, 2017 8:31 AM MDT

I think it was Einsteins theory of relativity, which states  gravity is not pulling us down but space is pushing us down. 
      August 14, 2017 10:49 AM MDT

My oh my! From one carbon to another, I think you are on the right track!  Do you mind if I stop by a give you a thumb's up? !  Now we have two to get us through, too!! Hugs and loves... 
    I'm grabbing my towel to search for our next physics question ;) I love you and hope you are having fun with these I posted for you! You are such a dear! :)
    P.S.  Being the wizardress, I DO know the answers... but so do you... ;)
      August 15, 2017 12:37 AM MDT

Just between you and me, Carbon... Can you not believe that anyone (thank the stars above) has brought to attention the John Mayer "Gravity" song?  Thank goodness Shar to the Rona or LyricalOne answered this.  
    Speaking of... I'm surprised LyricalOne didn't chime in on any of these.  :(  I hope she's not mad at me.  I don't disappear and appear I am near to make people feel badly.  I'm just not here 90 percent of the time I look I am. 
    Well, obviously I am way to tired to be typing what I am thinking... but to fill in what I was sure LyricalOne would find is:
    "Gravvviteeeeee, It's bringin' me downnnnn..."
    It was a sure fire bet for her...
    Even though it was a "real question" I thought she would have.
    Lots of love and sweet dreams to you and LyricalOne too.  I must go to bed.  Don is getting restless!!  Giggles!  "No, I'm not tonight honey." Literally.  LOTS OF LOVE< Merlin
      August 15, 2017 2:33 AM MDT

Wait!  Can I delete that whole thing?  It doesn't even make sense to me! ;)  Good Night! Do wish upon the stars!  I Do!! (()) ! ****
      August 15, 2017 2:36 AM MDT

have no idea
      August 14, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

the gravity branch
      August 14, 2017 10:10 PM MDT

LOL 

BRANCH? 

August 18, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

She asked "Which branch."
      August 18, 2017 3:33 PM MDT