Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Business » Do we live in a world where everything is fake and you can be replaced at any moment?

Do we live in a world where everything is fake and you can be replaced at any moment?

#$

Posted - August 15, 2017

Responses

Absolutely.

There is nothing BUT change each and every second.  Why doesn't everyone see this?

Didn't anyone read Shakespeare but me?

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 15, 2017 10:54 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

Are you aware that Shakespeare wrote fiction that may, or may not have been loosely based on history? That particular verse that you quote was from a portion of a stanza from one of the bard's better know fictional plays, Act 5, Scene 5 from Macbeth, I believe. Has no more to do with reality than one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. 
      August 15, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

I am also aware that there is a school of thought that believes Shakespeare was more than one person. 

i kind of liked the POC movies but they are not like Shakespeare.  Apples and Oranges.
      August 15, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

Now you just know I have to find something to disagree with you over.. it's our karma :P  So.. thing about Shakey is that there are a million and one theories about what he wrote and why, even, as Shar says whether he even wrote some of them.  Thing is.. we just don't know.. we cannot ask him.. LOL and what would you,  a Trump supporter know about reality :P
      August 15, 2017 3:18 PM MDT

So, you're saying that Macbeth is incorrectly attributed to the bard? 

Yes, I'm aware that the Brits can't keep even their literary history straight and have lost all account of Shakespeare's "linage". Then they try to blame that "loss" on some mysterious fire in the summer of 1613. (The bard was really Prussian, the works translated plagiarism.)
      August 16, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

LOL there you go with your supposition and wild imagination again.. this is my problem with you.. you take 2 and 2 and make 15! You drawn some truly strange conclusions - look again at what I said.. I never said Macbeth was not written by Shakey.. I never said it was either.. you decided I said that.. in the absence of corroboration of that assumption. 

LOL to the slur on the keeping track.. well let's face it.. can YOUR country trace their famous people back that far? No, of course not cos you don't have that kind of history in the first place.. all very well to sit and roll out criticisms when you can't compare like for like..  I very much doubt your records in your little hick towns were any better even centuries later :P   And you know what.. much as you Americans having no history or talent of your own adore shakespeare... at the time he wrote or didn't he wasn't really that big a deal. 
      August 16, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

He thinks acting like this in a manner that EVERYONE can see through but him, makes him intelligent.

Now he won't like what I just said? SO WATCH him attack me now.

He cannot help himself.  Remind you of anyone?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 16, 2017 1:32 PM MDT
      August 16, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

August 16, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

In my household (and with my wife of 59 years coming up Sept) I don't exist now...  I pinch myself, from time to time, and If I feel it I know I'm still around...

Life is but a dream; it's what you make it ..~Song lyrics... This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at August 16, 2017 10:41 AM MDT
      August 15, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

What??? Even me??? No, surely not! It's unthinkable!
      August 15, 2017 3:20 PM MDT

We're all just figments of our own imaginations.
      August 16, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

We are getting there.

August 16, 2017 10:41 AM MDT