Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Here's a boring question eveyone will answer anyway. What is the costliest repair you had to make on a car?

Here's a boring question eveyone will answer anyway. What is the costliest repair you had to make on a car?

Posted - August 16, 2017

Responses

• "Just under $800.00." I've been pretty fortunate. 
      August 16, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

I like boring questions :P  My costliest was my little Daewoo Matiz.. a car much like a motorised skateboard lol.. but I loved it.. had it 8 years and would have happily kept it forever and that's how I ended up spending loads of money on it... For a couple of years there it cost me several lots of £800 +  and had just spent a shed load of money on getting it through it's MOT (test each year for road worthiness) and then it died :(  I was heartbroken... didn't want a different car.. kept it for ages and tried to get it fixed.. I'd have happily paid whatever it cost to fix it...but no one will repair them now so it's sitting forlornly waiting to be scrapped... I can't bear to do the deed :( 
      August 16, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

A rebuilt engine cost me 900 dollars. Maybe because i bought it out of town....

August 16, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

An intake manifold plenum. $1100.
      August 16, 2017 5:35 PM MDT

• Well I just did the back brakes for $620.00 and the caliper bracket broke and then I did wheel bearing for $460 something and next I gotta do upper and lower ball joints for $1000+ and the 4 wheel drive isn't working right so that could be a problem.
    It gets expensive for sure but I really like this vehicle This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 16, 2017 7:22 PM MDT
      August 16, 2017 7:21 PM MDT