Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What issue would you actually get out there to protest?

What issue would you actually get out there to protest?

Posted - August 18, 2017

Responses

•   August 18, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

Nothing. They all seem to be a waste of time.
      August 18, 2017 12:11 PM MDT

I'd protest about anything me... indeed I have ... in the past...  I was moderately *famous* around these parts for my wildlife advocacy and as part of that I got co-opted onto a housing protest group, of which I became vice chair..  I'd protest - not that I believe it does much good, in terms of action, why not it's kinda our civil right... we don't have much that we can do when things seem unjust.
      August 18, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

None.  I don't like big crowds and I certainly am not brave enough to take a chance on being in one where violence is likely to erupt.
      August 18, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

• "No coffee in the breakroom!!"

August 18, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

• I participated in protests against Chancellor Katehi after the UC Davis pepper spray incident. But there was only one side to that protest and the best protest we did was a silent treatment "walk of shame" for her after she left a meeting. 

I would probably steer clear of any protests where there are two clashing sides. Not worth it if it means I'm going to get run over or stabbed. 
      August 18, 2017 8:07 PM MDT