Active Now

Danilo_G
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » History » "With malice toward none. With charity for all". Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address March 4, 1865. Hopeless, right?

"With malice toward none. With charity for all". Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address March 4, 1865. Hopeless, right?

Decency. Literacy . Honesty. Cordiality. Kindness. Impossible dream.  Unless and until all people value those traits we shall never be that as a species.   Giving up hate?  Who would willingly do that? :(

Posted - August 19, 2017

Responses

Man will never be allowed to reach its' full potential as long as we're living in this imperfect and very evil world. (1john 5:19)
      May 17, 2018 12:13 AM MDT

Man is not an "it."
      May 17, 2018 12:35 AM MDT

More's the pity. Some humans are very kind, just, fair, compassionate and they care about others. Some are full of greed and lust and evil doings and only care about themselves. It is a shame that the good must be punished for the evildoings of the bad. We are all in this together and so we pay for one another's transgressions. I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere Autumn. What it is I cannot tell you. It is a mystery to me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      May 17, 2018 3:27 AM MDT

(Proverbs 2:20-22) So follow the way of good people And stay on the paths of the righteous, 21 For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.
    (Psalm 37:10, 11) Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
      May 17, 2018 4:17 AM MDT