Active Now

Pet Eater
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Where is the middle between CRAZY and SANE? Is there one or must you be one or the other of only two choices?

Where is the middle between CRAZY and SANE? Is there one or must you be one or the other of only two choices?

Posted - August 19, 2017

Responses

I try to make my "crazy"serve my "sane"---I've gotten pretty good at it.  Since I don't use it all that often, it's pretty effective. This post was edited by tom jackson at August 21, 2017 5:56 AM MDT
      August 19, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

You KNOW there is a crazy lurking within you tom? I thought crazies never knew they were. So how does that work? If I have a crazy within how do I recognize it? Crazy scares me so maybe my crazy knows that and is lying low. Thank you for your reply. Could you give me an example of how your crazy serves your sane so I'll know if mine does the same? :)
      August 21, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

Not living inside me, just a costume and a act that I can perform at will.   Mostly it's an intensity that I cathect when useful.  Adults who were psychologically abused as children have gotten good at manipulation once they have recovered.  We've been taught by experts after all.
      August 21, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

Ah. I see said she. An act. A costume you can remove at will when it suits you. Here's something puzzling to me tom. It seems to me if you or anyone were psychologically abused wouldn't you go the other way and NEVER manipulate anyone psychologically or otherwise? Often the children of alcoholics never touch a drop. On the other hand I have read that pedophiles were often sexually abused as children so they are warped and become the same as those who abused them. It's confusing and complicated isn't it?Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 22, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

No. Not two choices.

Balance.

If you temper the crazy, it becomes less crazy.  If you add the sane with the crazy, sometimes you get a great artist, or a great visionary.

If there is no balance, you get insane.

August 19, 2017 9:19 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply.
      August 21, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

When sane enough to realize you need help.  Many times this is a small period of time before someone gets worse.
      August 22, 2017 4:27 AM MDT