Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are any other CHRISTIANS out there angry at the perversion of our faith by WHITE RACISTS? What do we do to squash them?

Are any other CHRISTIANS out there angry at the perversion of our faith by WHITE RACISTS? What do we do to squash them?

Posted - August 19, 2017

Responses

True Christians have weathered every storm, just like our Jewish brothers and sisters, just like the Buddhists being driven out of Tibet by the Chinese atheist regime not so very long ago at all.

We weather storms to show what we are truly made of.   We are weathered and that makes us polished and we are beaten and that makes us stronger and more beautiful.

It shows us what we are NOT and what we really ARE.  And Christians TRUE CHRISTIANS are totally wonderous, beautiful beings.

A wonderful example of God's image.   Look what the poor Catholics and Mormons have endured these past few decades.  The one's who really believe in their faith are truly amazing.  So are Muslims. 

They are not pedophiles, they are not abusers.  They see God in their hearts and act accordingly.

August 19, 2017 10:13 AM MDT

Thank you for your eloquent reply and the stunning graphic Shar. Happy Sunday! :)
      August 20, 2017 1:55 AM MDT

• There is a such thing as righteous anger. Christ himself, was moved to anger and did not sin. Unless anger is genuinely righteous, it becomes a dangerous impulse which serves to exacerbate a problem. If I understand the term Christian correctly, it indicates an effort to be Christ like, or, the word makes reference to being a follower or devotee of Christ and His teachings. Following Christ is tough, but certainly not impossible. I see Christ as our example in all things. That means that we can't cherry pick among those admonitions we want to keep and toss all the rest. God is love and mercy. Our love and mercy seems to be limited, temporal and kept on a short leash. It makes me glad that God is on the judgment seat and not a man. Much in our society has been perverted, including the faith. Our faith directs us to love those who spitefully use us. A tall order if ever there was one. But again, it's not impossible. If we keep God's word hidden in our hearts, there'll be no room for hate. And hate is a problem of the heart amplified by the tongue which is an unruly member.All that I can give is a thumb nail synopsis. Fortunately for all of us, there's much more.
      August 19, 2017 12:00 PM MDT

I am an imperfect human G. A work in progress. I feel no love or compassion or mercy for racists or bigots or pedophiles or murderers. None. I don't hate them. I just want them to hate somewhere else far away and keep the hate among themselves and leave the rest of us out of it. I mourn every day..not for them but for what they have done and are doing to destroy the humanity within us. I fear their number is growing. I am old and weary. SIGH. Thank you for your very thoughtful and uplifting reply G. l appreciate it a lot! :)
      August 20, 2017 1:59 AM MDT

Pray, and keep sending the message. His message was LOVE. Forgiveness, compassion, a steadfast belief that evil and hate cannot triumph. Shout from the rooftops, but don't march into Hell even for a Heavenly cause. Don't descend to their level. Violence begets violence.
      August 19, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

I cannot forgive them Sbf. I cannot love them. I have no compassion for them. I don't hate them but I just want them gone. Every day I mourn because of them. In the long run I think you are absolutely correct. Evil and hate  cannot triumph. But "How long oh Lord? How long?" I think that too every day. Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Sunday to you m'dear! :) I wish I were a better person so I could do as you suggest. I'm a work in progress even though I"m an old lady. SIGH. I don't think I will ever be finished until I die! :)
      August 20, 2017 1:53 AM MDT

None of us ever will, m'dear. We're imperfect clay, resisting being shaped by the Potter. There are folks I'm trying hard to forgive but haven't managed yet - even closely related to me.
      August 20, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

Thank you for telling me that Sbf. It helps to know that others struggle with  some of the same things as I do. Knowing better but not being able to "be" better quite yet. The struggle goes on daily. I guess where there's life there's hope! Cheers to life! :)
      August 21, 2017 2:16 AM MDT

• It bothers and disgusts me to see how people and groups of people pervert, add too, and take away from what the Bible teaches. However, it's not up to you, me, or anyone else to squash them. GOD is the final judge in the matter.

Galatians 6:7-8  "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. 8. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." 
      August 21, 2017 4:06 AM MDT