Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you enjoy giving your partner a massage?

Do you enjoy giving your partner a massage?

If your partner gives you a back rub or a nice massage do you return the favour?
How long of a massage do you typically give and Do you like to do it?

Posted - August 21, 2017

Responses

I don't have a partner.  I just massage everyone.  I mostly charge them for it.  So that is enjoyable.

August 21, 2017 6:18 AM MDT

• Thanks, I just asked this because I used to give my ex wife these long full body messages and I'd rub lotion on her after she had a bath and she would rub my back sometimes for like 2 minutes.
    I didn't complain, but it always irritated me that she didn't put in any effort to give me a good massage, she was lazy about it.
    I just feel like if you love someone then it's a pleasure to massage them every once in a while.
    I did it to her constantly.
      August 21, 2017 9:11 AM MDT

My goodness she was a lucky lady , lol
      August 21, 2017 10:47 AM MDT

• Thanks, I tried to be as loving as I could.
    Baybreeze, don't I know you from somewhere?
    Are you only on Answermug or other q&a sites too because I think I remember talking to you about one time when I used a little bit of shampoo from a bottle in my shower and it smelled just like my ex's hair and it made me remember us holding each other in the bathtub.
    Do you remember something like that, because I think I remember you and I was depressed and you said some really sweet things to me about that and I appreciated it.
    Thanks. : )
      August 21, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

Wow I do remember that actually!! Hmm, was it on EP? or here at AM/ I know we didn't chat as 'Baybreeze' and 'Truthseeker' here... I swear maybe it was EP.. what was ur name there if you were on EP? (you can message me if u like on that... lol.) How did u rem. me?? 
      August 21, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

• I was on Fluther?
    Never EP though.
    Maybe we talked here, I bet I was "DongWongy" or something, LoL!
    I just remember that name Baybreeze and that you were a woman from Boston and you were nice to me when I was really heart broken.
    Thank you. : )
      August 21, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

Wow YeS .. you have a great memory!! I am from Boston, and I do remember you saying the shampoo she had made you think of those past times. I can't seem to remember if you were DongWongy, I don't think so though. It prob. was here then that we chatted Lol!!  and no problem...  :) STay cool!!
      August 21, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

My ex-husband and I once got a (clean) video on how to give his and hers massages properly. I got all excited thinking I was going to finally get a massage. The DVD cycled between partners and techniques, so it started with shoulders or something for him and then moved on to the same area for her. We sat down to do it and went through the first section and I practiced on him. When it switched to the woman, I kid you not, he picked up the remote and fast-forwarded to the next section for him. D: When I asked him about it, he said, "Oh, I thought we were going to do yours later." -_- Really. Later never came and I gave the DVD away. I've never really gotten massages from a partner- him or anyone else. Anything that even resembled a massage was a thinly-veiled attempt at getting something else. lol

I actually do like giving massages though. The length of it varies based on the time/ day/ circumstances. If my partner has a sore back and asks for one before bed or something, I might do 15-30 minutes. I tend to do little rubs while watching TV or having a conversation as well. If it's the middle of the day and there's time, I might go all out with oil, incense, and calming music. I usually try to hit the hour mark with those. 

August 21, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

• Aww.....I totally want to learn to give really good massages.
    I just kinda use my heart to guide me for now. LoL!
    How did we end up with people who don't like to give massages?
    I'm mad, you and I deserved those massages that we gave, LoL!

August 21, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

lol It was all just training so that we could be ready for the right person later. ;)
      August 21, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

• That's a good attitude to have.
    Everything we experience is for a reason and it makes us stronger and better prepared to be able to give the right person everything that they deserve.
    Maybe our exes were just practice, I like that. : )

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 21, 2017 1:32 PM MDT
      August 21, 2017 1:22 PM MDT