Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » If you were a world-class adventurer/explorer would your interests be the sea, earth or sky? Why?

If you were a world-class adventurer/explorer would your interests be the sea, earth or sky? Why?

March 25, 2012 Explorer/Filmaker James Cameron descended into the Marianas Trench to a depth of 35,776 feet (6.77 miles)..the deepest ever dive in a solo sub. The descent took 2 hours 36 minutes and the ascent took about 70 minutes. In 2009 the Marianas Trench was established as a United States National Monument. I think the isolation and the unknown would be way too much to bear. Claustrophibia seems inescapable. Would you ever do something like that if you could?

Posted - August 21, 2017

Responses

Peter Starr, the documentary maker (Planet Earth series)  has accepted me as a friend on Facebook.  But the real connection here is our fondness for motorcycle racing, so I guess I am an earth explorer.  
      August 21, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

Terra Firma. That would be me too. I have a fear of heights so the sky is out. I don't know what lurks beneath the seas and once down there to whom could I cry for help? But on earth? Maybe an Archaeologist type would work for me.  Thank you for your reply bh. So you have a celebrity friend on Facebook? Someone whom you admire. Wow. If I were a Facebook person and it were possible I"d want Yoda and Humphrey Bogart to friend me. :)
      August 22, 2017 3:54 AM MDT

Rosie G. Yoda. 
      August 22, 2017 6:11 AM MDT