Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Ever known anyone personally who turned his/her life completely around and spent the rest of it helping others do the same? Got a name?

Ever known anyone personally who turned his/her life completely around and spent the rest of it helping others do the same? Got a name?

Posted - August 22, 2017

Responses

Yes. My grandfather. I'd say more, but my experience in sharing personal details with you has been that you find a way to judge.
      August 22, 2017 4:49 AM MDT

Countless military veterans from the US, Japan, Germany, Vietnam, etc have devoted their lives to peace, harmony, reconciliation, healing, rebuilding, forgiveness and enrichment of the quality of life.

A man who drove a car while drunk killed someone, and now counsels others not to do what he did.

It happens every day in ways and places that not everyone is informed. Not all of their names are known to the world at large, their acts carry far more importance to the lives they touch in their positive works. 

-
      August 22, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

Steve. Steve is gone now, but he spent the last decade or two helping fellow alcoholics escape the misery of alcoholism.  I remember some of the stories he told ----- such as the guy who died and NOBODY came to visit or sign the guy's funeral book, except Steve. Steve had been helping the guy recover.  
      August 22, 2017 8:33 AM MDT